Corvette duct work - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Corvette duct work
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:04 AM
Ok Event you asked about something simeler to this so I figured I'd give you all a heads up on a pretty good idea I had. I checked out how the brake ducting is run or the new Corvette and it has a scoop on the bottom of the car and two ducts that feed thru a hole on either inner fender liner. Soooo I ordered me up some Corvette splash shields with the duct entrence thats molded to them and the ducts themselves off of a '06 Z-06
Vette then I'll just cut my fender liner/ splash shield pieces to fit the Corvette ducts and
I now have the exact same ducts that a Z-06 Corvette has on its brakes. And since they keep a Vettes brakes cool they should work perfect for us.

if you guys would like the part numbers and priceing I can post those for you as well.
BTW total price tag.........about $30.00-$45.00 and they are G.M. parts that anyone can buy.

So what do you guys think?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Corvette duct work
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:37 AM
Let us know how it goes. Sounds like an interesting mod.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:02 AM
^^^ Agreed

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:17 AM
OK the bottom pieces made it in today the ducts themselves are coming from Lansing so they'll take a couple days. But from what I can tell by what i've already gotten it looks like a simple cut and paste.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:32 AM

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:07 AM
/\ /\ /\ /\ As soon as I do it I'll post some.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:19 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:44 PM
will you be out or free this weekend?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:57 PM
I'll be there. Will you? Hopefully the ducts will make it by friday and then they will be on the car.

AND STOP IT WITH THE "THIS POST IS USELESS" CRAP !!!! I don't have the parts yet so how the hell am I supposed to post any pics!!!!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:04 PM
Great idea I'm definitly going to jump on this once i see the pics.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:25 PM
gonna shoot for it... might not be there at exactly 8pm... but i'm in a wedding at one.... dont know how long ceremonies usually last. so i may be a bit dressed up...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:30 PM
I'll be there around 9 anyway so no biggie I'll wait for you if you actualy are gonna show up.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:33 PM
sounds hot. ive been thinking about doing something like this and also making caps for the intakes for long road trips. im not too sure but it seems like it would carry some drag at higher speeds.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:13 PM
Hey man, just saying I can't wait for the details of how it worked out, including pictures. You know we're always here to give moral support.

Friday, September 09, 2005 8:04 AM
Ok update time!! The ducts just got here so i'll be able to install them before you see me next Event so I'll make sure to bring a flash light with me so I can show you the finished product up close and personal. The rest of you stay tuned for the pics and part numbers. I'll also give a step by step as I know some of you arn't that mechanical.
But on a scale of 1-10 I'd say this is probly goona be about a 3. And thats just cuse theres cutting involved. this is gonna be sweet!!!

Friday, September 09, 2005 4:35 PM
Sweet hit us up when its on and you get pics !

Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:16 AM
a new watcher. ill keep checking in to see pix. good luck man. sounds like a great mod!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:22 PM
That is a very interesting mod....

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:25 PM
Ok bad news. Unless you do away with your windshield washer bottle this jusy wont fit on the drivers side. And BELIEVE me I tried. The pass side is cake but I went thu three inner fender liners before I gave up trying to get it around the w.w. bottle. But if you remove the bottle then you got no problem. Anyway I wound up getting some vents from Lowes and just instaled them on the fender liners instead. They actualy deflect the air toward the brakes and the whole thing cost me like $10.00 to do so this may be better actualy. If antones interested I can post some pics of what it looks like. But as for the Corvette stiff sorry I'm not willing to get rid of my w.w. bottle so that one kind of died. Let me know about the vents if you guys want to know how to do it.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:20 PM

Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:00 AM
/\ /\ /\ Thats kinda what I felt like too. Anyway let me know if you want too know about what did work tho.

Event sure seemed to like it last night when I showed him what I wound up doing to vent the brakes.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:49 AM
if we could definitely get some pics that'd be awesome, how do the brakes feel now that you've done this?
Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:54 PM
yeah i dug the fender liner vents....

i have strips of sheet metal aluminum to get louvered, but will prob revert back to the old smaller vents i bought back when i did my hood which have the screen to em...

Sunday, September 11, 2005 3:23 PM
As for how they feel well I only finshed them yesterday and haven't had a chance to go out and hammer on them. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can. Wife has to find her camera soo untill then I'm kinda stuck.

Event you know those vents I got were only $1.80 each at Lowes and they already come with the screening installed when you buy them. If you would like me to do yours like I did mine its no big deal just E-mail me and we'll hook up.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:24 PM
Thread still worthless w/o pictures.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search