Upgrading my brakepads and rotors... what about? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Upgrading my brakepads and rotors... what about?
Friday, July 15, 2005 11:22 AM
Ok I have a noob question here. I am about to order this combo kit from Gravana for my front brakes:
BRAKE ROTOR-PAD-LINE COMBO: Powerslot Rotors - Hawk Pads - Russell Stainless Lines

Now I understand my 2003 Sunfire has a drum brake system for the rear, right? If so what can I buy to upgrade the rear breaks without having to convert them to discs...?

The Hellserpent
Aiming to be the LARGEST directory of Sport Compact Enthusiasts in the Northeast!

Re: Upgrading my brakepads and rotors... what abou
Friday, July 15, 2005 4:46 PM
try these first they are great.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:30 PM
I have that set up except the brake lines, and i love it. Do a search im sure you see.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:52 AM
Honestly, your braking performance is all in the front of your vehicle. I believe it's something like 90% of the braking goes on with your front two wheels. So upgrading your rear is not pointless but just not neccessary if you really want to stop on a dime. If you are looking optimal stopping power, get Wilwoods (there was a GP from Car Customs on them a while ago) or pretty much any big brake kit upgrade.

If your just looking for some good amount of stopping power, I'd suggest that kit.

Don't worry about your drums. There really isn't anything to upgrade them...even if there was it would be pointless and a waste of your money. Your only option would be to get a disc upgrade which is some good $$$

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:05 PM
i got that exact setup, got it all installed today. so far its pretty darn good. but, its only got a few miles on it so far. give me 500 to a grand and ill know for sure how well they perform.

"God invented turbo lag to give V8's a chance"
Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:41 PM
Well i love em...

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search