Lowered just the front, is that ok. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowered just the front, is that ok.
Friday, July 15, 2005 3:05 PM
I just lowered my 99 Z with Pro-kits on stock struts, i lowered just the front, and people are telling me that is looks good like that, and not to lower the rear. Cause i always drive people in the back seat and have lots of amps and a heavy JL bass box. they say it looks pretty even now and i i lower the back, it will just sink the rear. Can anyone clear this up, should leave it or lower the rear?

Re: Lowered just the front, is that ok.
Friday, July 15, 2005 3:21 PM
i personally wouldnt....

you;re running two totally difffernt spring rates not designed to work with each other...

also directly from eibach...

Quote:

Can I just fit front (or rear) springs instead of the complete front and rear set?

NO!! Eibach suspension springs are designed as a balance spring system producing increased performance, responsiveness and driving enjoyment. Under no circumstances do we recommend or endorse the installation of 1/2 of an Eibach spring system

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:31 PM
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:i personally wouldnt....

you;re running two totally difffernt spring rates not designed to work with each other...

Quote:

Can I just fit front (or rear) springs instead of the complete front and rear set?

NO!! Eibach suspension springs are designed as a balance spring system producing increased performance, responsiveness and driving enjoyment. Under no circumstances do we recommend or endorse the installation of 1/2 of an Eibach spring system

Haha they just want more money
As for anything constructive to add... I have nothing

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:50 PM
Well you have your front lowered, and i have the rear of my fire lifted. I like it better that way, and it accelerates as if it were rear wheel drive.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Friday, July 15, 2005 9:50 PM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:i personally wouldnt....

Quote:

Haha they just want more money
As for anything constructive to add... I have nothing

what you said made no sense since they already sell the springs in sets of 4........

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:38 AM
Well here is how I see it. I wouldn't worry too much on how it looks but how it will ride. First of all, you have aftermarket springs on your stock struts...a big no no. Your struts will be gone in no time and you'll be bottoming out like crazy. You'll hate the ride and regret doing what you did. First thing you should do is invest in some KYB AGX's and install them before your struts completely go.

Second, I agree with Event. They engineered that product for the vehicle to set with all 4 springs so it will all be at a certain spring rate. Your suspension after a while might be awkward. Like said above, get the AGXs, re-install the fronts with the AGXs & install the springs & shocks in the rear.

As far as your stereo system and lowering your car even more, understand that it has to do with your car absorbing the extra weight. With the AGXs, you can adjust it to be stiffer so it won't sit lower than the Eibach's should sit.

By doing this, you'll have a good suspension that is done right...good luck to you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:44 AM
lowering the front is like trying to change a headlight bulb in a tail light, the HUGE wheelgap is in the back. lower it and leave the front stock
Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:19 AM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:lowering the front is like trying to change a headlight bulb in a tail light, the HUGE wheelgap is in the back. lower it and leave the front stock

Serously, that wouldn't make any sense. The wheel gap is just about even (maybe slightly higher in the rear). Lowering it would bring it way lower than the front and would look terribly akward.

Besides that point, the suspension would ride very wierd.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:34 AM
thanks for the replys, first off, my car is in europe. and i cant even get my hand on stock shocks and struts let alone performance ones, so these will have to stay on for now, im sure i wont mind the ride, it wasnt so great to begin with.

As for the back, with all the amps and huge box in the trunk the car is actually level now with prokits in the front and stock in the rear.

If its unsae to drive like this, i'll put in the prokits all-around, just wondering, will it sink to the point it will be lowered, but it will look like a plane taking off
Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:46 AM
Croatian Z24 wrote:thanks for the replys, first off, my car is in europe. and i cant even get my hand on stock shocks and struts let alone performance ones, so these will have to stay on for now, im sure i wont mind the ride, it wasnt so great to begin with.

As for the back, with all the amps and huge box in the trunk the car is actually level now with prokits in the front and stock in the rear.

If its unsae to drive like this, i'll put in the prokits all-around, just wondering, will it sink to the point it will be lowered, but it will look like a plane taking off

With good Struts/Shocks, it should stay where the springs want it to stay at and not sink down like crazy.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:26 PM
I agree that you probably should have the Pro-Kits all around, but if you are on stock struts and have lots of weight in the back, do NOT put on the Pro-Kits on the back until you get new struts. It will not be safe at all. You will be bottoming out all the time and bouncing all over the place.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:27 PM
Jackass wrote:I agree that you probably should have the Pro-Kits all around, but if you are on stock struts and have lots of weight in the back, do NOT put on the Pro-Kits on the back until you get new struts. It will not be safe at all. You will be bottoming out all the time and bouncing all over the place.

First of all, I think his whole "lots of weight in the rear" issue is kind of exagerated. I'm sure you can see it sits slightly lower but it's not that noticable. I've had systems in my car and I know what hes talking about but it's barely noticeable.

Now as far as you saying don't put the pro-kit on the rear cause it will bottom out...you have to remember that him bottoming out will depend on how his shocks absorb the force. If he got AGXs, he can adjust them to however tight he needs to be and it won't bottom out. With the pro kit on, the springs are strong enough where even if you had weight in the rear, it will stay at whatever height Eibach made those for.

You have to remember how many people have Pro-kits on their cars and have systems in their car. If there was a huge problem with it, you'd be reading a ton of complaints about it.

Like suggested before, put all 4 springs on and get KYB AGXs and adjust them to your liking.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:46 PM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:First of all, I think his whole "lots of weight in the rear" issue is kind of exagerated. I'm sure you can see it sits slightly lower but it's not that noticable. I've had systems in my car and I know what hes talking about but it's barely noticeable.
I have a very small sub box and my rear end of my car sits lower than the front. It is noticable on my specific set of springs. I know others that have the same springs but with even bigger sub boxes that don't sit as low so it is possibly my springs are a tad weak.
NJs Honda Killa wrote:If he got AGXs, he can adjust them to however tight he needs to be and it won't bottom out. With the pro kit on, the springs are strong enough where even if you had weight in the rear, it will stay at whatever height Eibach made those for.

The more weight you put in the back, the more the rear will sag. And the more weight you put in the back, the bigger the chances of bottoming out will be. There is more weight to try to control and if he has factory struts, they can't handle it. I agree that the AGX or Konis should be able to keep it under control.
NJs Honda Killa wrote:Like suggested before, put all 4 springs on and get KYB AGXs and adjust them to your liking.
I think we both agree on the solution, we just both like to argue the point.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:55 PM
ok I guess we see eye to eye LOL

Sunday, July 17, 2005 10:40 AM
Croatian Z24 wrote:thanks for the replys, first off, my car is in europe. and i cant even get my hand on stock shocks and struts let alone performance ones, so these will have to stay on for now, im sure i wont mind the ride, it wasnt so great to begin with.

if your rear end isnt sinking now, then i doubt you have enough equipment back there to sink a heavier spring rated spring.

i mean unless you are hauling a who dj both an 18 inch speaker and a turntable, its not gonna sink that much.

daily i haul around supplies for my part time jobs work, in my backseat and my trunk totalling upwards of 2-300lbs in marketing and advertising supplies since i manage more than 40 local stores right now.

the and the car doesnt dip much. i think some may be exaggerating. especially with myself driving THROUGH the city of baltimore which pot holes, dips, and bumps and as of recent, sink holes do occur.

and no i dont slow down much for railroad tracks and stuff either, and i dont bottom out.

the rear spring rates on the pro streets are near similar to the range of the prokits.

as for not being able to find struts.... your profile says canada, you said europe... but either place, you can get struts, via ebay, OR have a dealer here like karo or gravana mail you a set and send it as a gift. more so a personal favor to bypass taxes and import fees.

but overall, for whats listed as your system you are no where near 300lbs. and shouldnt have anything to worry about.

run all 4, running only two does lower the safety factor of it.

that would be like tryint to play football with only one cleat and trying not to slip when you make a cut and possibly break or sprain something.

Quote:

Well you have your front lowered, and i have the rear of my fire lifted. I like it better that way, and it accelerates as if it were rear wheel drive.

squatting of a car, is the WORST thing to have when driving.... hence the reason why traction bars are installed on the RWD cars to try and eliminate as much squat as possible by driving the rear tires into the ground.

for safety and performance, keeping your car as level as possible, either laterally or front to back is what most should strive for.

Monday, July 18, 2005 2:35 PM
Event is the man...listen to what he says

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search