then what coilovers will fit on the dspecs? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
then what coilovers will fit on the dspecs?
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:47 AM
since i cant use my coils now, what set of coils can fit on dspecs? i dont need really expensive coils, just somthing that fits. i would like to keep the price under 200$. i found some coilovers on gravana, but i dont know if the threaded sleeve is big enough to put over the Dspecs.

does anyone know of some middle of the line coils that will FOR SURE fit?

here are the ones i was looking at:
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/1996_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.4.aspx/1/2231/_Coilover_Conversion_RK_Sport_Kit_With_H_R_Springs

the problem is, all these pictures of all these coils all look like they have the same size perches that mine have. whats the deal?

or i even found some cheap ones on ebay that i would like to get but i dont know how to tell if they will fit on my Dspecs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33629&item=7986201896

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33586&item=7986472220

i really like the last ones ^^ but i dont know crap about suspension.

any feedback guys?

Re: then what coilovers will fit on the dspecs?
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:01 AM
dont get the ebay ones. they are crap

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:09 AM
good you know what buy the ebay ones again. seriously do what people suggested and read the faq. i know you dont know anything about it and the faq is really helpful on making decisions. do you really trust holding your car up on 35 dollar coils?

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:25 AM
invest in some GC's man thats ur best bet... dont be cheap... if i could go back, i'd of waited to lower my car so i could afford the konis and GC's...

-------------
Now Blazing: Northern Lights
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:46 PM
are tockicos even designed for coilovers?

but seriously... it was already suggested to read the FAQ, and yet you still dont know cause you wont take the time to simply read something...

someone else has already dont all the research, but you seem to lazy to read.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:08 PM
Dude, I bought some ebay coils and at the last minute decided to NOT put them on my car. Just figured it would cause more of a problem for me ya know? Honestly spend the extra buck and get something good. You'll be happier that way and so will your car.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:18 PM
CAVI.DEMON: They're not all crap. There are some good ones, but the price is 95% of retail. They're still expensive.

Event is right (as usual).

Mike: Don't you wish you could yell this to their face when they ask questions like this again and again, and they still don't read the FAQ?? I sure do.

READ THE FAQ

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:22 PM
if he doesnt wanna read, cant force him....

while things may benefit people, some wont listen. if they dont listen the first time, let em waste money, wreck their car, or come back posting about they have this noise or that vibration.

.....in all due time

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:59 PM
i found out today that tokicos arent really made to support coilovers. i am buying some lowering springs now.

i need to know if these H&R springs will fit on tokicos:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33582&item=7947604515&sspagename=WD1V

thanks

Friday, July 15, 2005 10:13 AM
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:i found out today that tokicos arent really made to support coilovers. i am buying some lowering springs now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33582&item=7947604515&sspagename=WD1V

thanks

tokicos are made to fit cavalier springs...

all cavalier springs are the same shape

so all springs made for a cavalier fit.

Friday, July 15, 2005 11:12 AM
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:i found out today that tokicos arent really made to support coilovers. i am buying some lowering springs now.

thanks

tokicos are made to fit cavalier springs...

all cavalier springs are the same shape

so all springs made for a cavalier fit.

thanks for the help! i found that same thing out yesterday while talking to jim from gravana. i bought some H&Rs and they already shipped so i should have them by monday!

Friday, July 15, 2005 3:24 PM
not a bad choice....

good to see you didnt cheap out....seriously.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:36 AM
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:not a bad choice....

good to see you didnt cheap out....seriously.

well i figured if im going to spend money on my car, i might as well do it right the first time. i will spend the extra money to have better performance.

but the problem with car parts is, a lot of the extra spending people do is just for the name. i just try to make sure its quality, not the name.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 10:44 AM
when it comes to suspension, pretty much most times ,the name is the backing of the quality. especially with all the internal moving parts and valves of strut.

usually the more moving parts of a piece, stick to well known names, small things, non moving parts, find what works but on major and crucial things like that determine whether you stop or dont stop, or grip and dont grip, or go or dont go.... look for reputable places.

Monday, July 18, 2005 2:33 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]good you know what buy the ebay ones again. seriously do what people suggested and read the faq. i know you dont know anything about it and the faq is really helpful on making decisions. do you really trust holding your car up on 35 dollar coils?

I sure as hell wouldn't...

Seriously, if you see that a going rate for good Springs are a $150-200 for a set and your buying $35 coilovers, you gotta think something is weird. Either it's a scam or the products quality your buying total crap.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search