Reason why NOT to lower your car - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reason why NOT to lower your car
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:33 AM
We I have an 04 base with G.C's..blah...etc, well I was driving around a pretty sharp bend when I see this softball sized rock in the rock, I began to swerve around it but another car came the other direction and I was going to quick to stop. So......I hit the rock going about 40m.p.h. The rock bent my subframe into a pretzel, took a 6'' gash out of my oil pan and screwed my alignment. So now its costing me 1,200 to fix so I thought I would put this topic out for people that are considering lowering their car. And believe me IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!! lol

Re: Reason why NOT to lower your car
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:38 AM
how low were you??

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:54 AM
next time slam the brakes

that sucks... sorry to hear that... but yeah... how low were you?

the only problems i get so far are the crappy patch job the city does on the main roads and the patch is like an inch lower than the street... you know what that sounds like going 30mph BA BANG!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:28 AM
Yeah I would have hit the brakes but it was dark out and I didnt see the rock till my headlights hit it. My car is a base and is pretty much lowered all the way down on G.C.s but I dont have ground effects so its not crazy one inch off the ground or anything. Oh well at least my rental is an 05 Ram Hemi, which by the way are alot slower than I thought they would be.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:55 PM
turn it into your insurance... or dont you have full coverage.. they should just charge you your deductible.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:51 PM
^ ^ I agree, insurance should cover it if you have full coverage. It covered the paint damage to my car when I drove through primer on the middle of the interstate.. nothing a little gasoline, soapy water and wax couldn't fix.. I got a check for $100 (after deductible)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:42 PM
Steve Loder wrote:We I have an 04 base with G.C's..blah...etc, well I was driving around a pretty sharp bend when I see this softball sized rock in the rock, I began to swerve around it but another car came the other direction and I was going to quick to stop. So......I hit the rock going about 40m.p.h. The rock bent my subframe into a pretzel, took a 6'' gash out of my oil pan and screwed my alignment. So now its costing me 1,200 to fix so I thought I would put this topic out for people that are considering lowering their car. And believe me IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!! lol

Quote:

My car is a base and is pretty much lowered all the way down on G.C.s

lowered on ground controls and prob stock struts..

and if you were that low you were probably slammed or past 2 inches on em.

perhaps the title and post should have read.

Reason to not SLAM your car as it offers no benefits, nor do riding on stock struts with coilovers....

sucks that it happened, but you got what you asked for.

theres nothing wrong with a lowered car, if you do it right....

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:53 PM
Get Tein's. Solve the problem real quick. And don't slam your daily driver!!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:55 PM
it does not matter if you are lowered or not! if you hit something in the road that big going that fast what do you think is going to happen

see ya!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:07 AM
Ive done it! But it cost me a whole tranny

Better luck next time!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:55 AM
Yeah I'm not saying dont lower your car, I really was just posting this so people can laugh at my mistake, no big deal. The only reason its dropped pretty low is because I have a base, and until I find some LS G.E's it will be all the way down. I did send it to my insurance and the they paid it all minus my deductable of course.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 11:54 AM
I get by pretty good considering all the crap here and horrid roads, My biggest problem is really big incline driveways or parking lots, I avoid them at all costs. Also roadkill.... man I could just see hitting a coon with my bumper, it would scoop it right up... yikes.

Sux to hear that, but ya dont slam a daily driver, mines at a good height right now to drive everyday and not worry about a dead bird in the road

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search