quick help on sportlines, pic inside - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick help on sportlines, pic inside
Sunday, July 10, 2005 5:32 PM
as you can hopefully see in the picture, the end of the spring at the bottom is hitting the perch or whatever it is, does this look right at all? too me it doesnt because the spring looks crooked. Any help is appreciated! oh yea its a 03 cavalier

Re: quick help on sportlines, pic inside
Sunday, July 10, 2005 8:17 PM
Yeah that doesnt look right at all, although it is hard to tell because of the pic, if you didnt have the wheel on then maybe you could get a better analysis.

Monday, July 11, 2005 12:15 AM
dude the spring it is upside down, yeah need to turn it the other way from what i'm seeing in the picture.
if i'm right are though's eibachs springs?
Monday, July 11, 2005 3:20 AM
are you serious? lol Yea they are sportlines as well, I did what the instructions said and put them on with the writing right side up. I remember putting them on and from what I remember though it looked like this would be the only way it would fit, i could be wrong.
Monday, July 11, 2005 5:35 AM
The angle is distorting the view too much. Jack it up, take the wheel off if necessary, and get a good picture of it.

If that is jacked up (no weight on the spring) then you have something majorly wrong. Otherwise it looks generally correct; like I said, we need a better angle.

Monday, July 11, 2005 5:56 AM
i have sportlines..you DO put the writing the way it is, so they're def not upside down. you may want to jack the car up and turn the spring so it hits the perch where its suppose to. It has a little notch of where the end of the spring is suppose to go~

Monday, July 11, 2005 6:08 AM
ok, i found this pic, i know these arent the same spring but you will get the idea, if i do have them the right way, i did jack up the car and rotate the spring, but there was nothing for it to catch on it seemed like, if you look at the picture i posted above you can see where the spring is catching though on the right hand side. Is that what you are talking about?

Monday, July 11, 2005 8:27 AM
I should have asked before: Is that the front or the back wheel? Are you sure you put the right spring on.
The smaller-round tighter-wound springs are the rear, and are no-where near as strong as the front.
The bigger-round wider-wound spring are the front, and are much stronger. The weight distribution in our cars sucks. The front with the engine is much heavier than the back.

I still think the angle is horrible, I really can't tell what's going on there. It doesn't look right, but it could just be the angle.

Monday, July 11, 2005 8:43 AM
It is the front of the car. I got the right springs on like you said, and i also remember them being marked. On the right though where you can see the spring ending, is that where it should end?
Monday, July 11, 2005 10:45 AM
there is a spot in the cup on the strut for the end of the spring

and the sportlines i installed the writting was upside down , cause the springs wouldnt sit right with the writing right side up

Monday, July 11, 2005 11:10 AM
really? this is just getting confusing. I call eibach they said the writing should be rightside up. I have been hearing a lot of people saying it should be upside down....lol So in the picture above where i have it marked top and bottom, that is backwards?

Monday, July 11, 2005 12:31 PM
on any front spring...

the fat side goes to the top...which sits on the spring seat.

the skinnier side goes to the bottom....

nothing new, been this way in pretty much EVERY j-body since the 1980;s....

Monday, July 11, 2005 6:43 PM
I went ahead and redone the front of the car. They were upside down so i guess everything is ok, well it seems ok for the most part. Thank you guys so much for all your help, you are what makes this place great!

Jason
Monday, July 11, 2005 7:22 PM
Jason Clark wrote:ok, i found this pic, i know these arent the same spring but you will get the idea, if i do have them the right way, i did jack up the car and rotate the spring, but there was nothing for it to catch on it seemed like, if you look at the picture i posted above you can see where the spring is catching though on the right hand side. Is that what you are talking about?

That picture is backwards (like everyone else is saying).

Monday, July 11, 2005 7:40 PM
yeah , eibach might have made a mistake and sent some out labled wrong , but its not hard to figure it out , but you also got to be fimilar with droping cars to catch it

but thats what some of us are here for to help out when we can

your welcome

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search