Dropzone - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dropzone
Saturday, July 09, 2005 5:58 AM
About to buy new shocks for My Cavy ... i have a couple of questions if ya dont mind.. first are the shocks for the 2.2 and 2.4 the same ? does anyone have dropzone struts shocks ? any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7985412852&category=33586&sspagename=WDVW
found them on ebay and they have life time warrantee includingwith the coilovers .. hrmmmm .. i have about $350 only so im limited .. any othere sugestions on what should i buy ? thanks

Re: Dropzone
Saturday, July 09, 2005 6:51 AM
I have the same question. thats the exact auction i was looking at also. do these suck or are they worth the 350? i dont want to spend tooo too much dropin my car.... but i also dont want cheap crap thatll screw it up too.....
Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:32 AM
from the add, i would say they are crap....

for these reasons.

struts that allow you to be up to 4 inches lower on coilovers.....that arent shortened struts?

first red flag.

better than tokico and kyb? and less price, by 50-200$ less.....

second red flag.

they are basically rebadged oem replacement struts. chances are, you are getting tokico or prob kyb......

combine that with the fact that dropzone are not known for quality products.....

and if you look elsewhere on the internet, you will find almost EVERY car is about 270$ for 4 struts or shocks AND springs....

i;d pass for something blatantly quality. and isnt a scam.

350$ will get you AGX.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:42 PM
Event is correct.

Why do you people constantly want to know "is this thing I found on eBay for like 1/2 the price any good". The answer is always NO. It's cheap for a reason.

Quality stuff has high material prices. Platinum and Silver can both be shined to look the same, but one will be more expensive than the other because the material costs more. Same with struts, shocks, and coil-overs.

Also, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is! Better this, better that, cheaper price, buy me now = scam/liar.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh.. been a long day.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:16 AM
Well how do you explain the life time guarantee then ??? if they @!#$ up they will replace them .???? including any damage cause by the coilovers cause thats what they are made for sopposoly .... thats what dropzone tell me
Sunday, July 10, 2005 1:43 PM
did you read thier site.... you plan to use em with coilovers right?

Quote:

Lifetime warranty...

(Proof of purchase required). DROPZONE SUSPENSION does not warrant any product that has been altered or modified.

to install coilovers correctly, not half arsed, you remove the spring perches.... thats altering and modifying a product.

so you warranty goes out the window with installing them.... on coilovers.

http://www.dropzonesuspension.com/

also from that warranty page:

Quote:

All returns must have a return goods authorization number. All returns or exchanges from open accounts will only be accepted if the account is current. Exchanges will be accepted once during a calendar year. DROPZONE SUSPENSION will not be held responsible for incoming or outgoing freight on returns..

so that means if you blow two struts you can only return one??? what kinda mickey mouse BS is that? if you blow two konis, you return both.

almost any company will take all their defective products.... not just one per year. at that rate if you blow all 4 struts in one year, it will be 2009 before you replace em all.....

quality companies DONT have CRAPPY policies like that.

springs are a different story, but since they are basically OEM replacement struts, you would be buying a set of overpriced kyb gr2's really. also odd how the specs on the kyb and these are the exact same????

dropzone will tell you anything to make a sell.... same as they tell everyone their coilovers are made for our cars, but they dont even come with all the parts to install em correctly. its been 3 years and they still havent realized our cars are not the same setup as imports and they are missing crucial parts.

but do some research on struts.... struts that allow you to lower a car 4 inches, and not blow.... the only struts that will realistically do that are ones that are shortened strut bodies. that way you get the more travel than just a stock strut lowered that far.

the biggest dead giveaways :

1) on a non adjustable strut, and they say they are made for their springs...

but then they say they are ALSO made for their coilovers.

theres no way the same strut can be made for both applications with different spring rates and have the same exact part numbers. so its obviously a lie, its not made for one, and chances are its usually the coilovers. way you can tell. if it was made for the coilovers, the struts wouldnt have spring perches.... coilovers shouldnt sit on spring perches....especially sleeve coilovers. ground controls and rksports are 2 examples how sleeve coilovers should be installed.

2) look at the rest of their products.... springs for 60-80$ coilovers for 40-60$ (the product with the most parts costs the LEAST???????)

not a quality company.

my view... you can pay for crappy stuff now, and then do it over again, or pay for something quality and proven and do it once. would be a shame to blow 300$ on something thats rebadged and you can get for less.

Monday, July 11, 2005 5:59 AM
STAY AWAY FROM ANNNNYTHING with the name of DROPZONE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!

..best advice you could ever get!!!!!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search