Tokico Struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tokico Struts
Friday, June 03, 2005 11:03 AM
Hey all, I just got off the phone with Eibachs office in California. I spoke to a tech for some suggestions on what struts would work best for my 04 Sunfire, on there Pro-Kit spring set. The tech told me that the most widely used and distributed brand was KYB, and the preferred for the Sunfire was the AGX. He told me he personally didn't think they were the best choice, and spoke to me about Billsteins but pushed more towards a brand I never heard of, TOKICO Struts.

I called there office in California and got some prices on there struts.

Front Performance Struts - $139.00
Rear Performance Struts - $95.00

or they offered me there newer D-Spec kit, which brings all four struts.

D-Spec Strut Kit - $788.00

Note that these are all List Prices. They told me that the distributor would likely sell for less.

I'm wondering if anyone has used these struts on there car, and what did they think. Thanks!

-Anthony

Re: Tokico Struts
Friday, June 03, 2005 12:21 PM
a friend of mine has them with a set of sportlines, rides nice and firm, doesn't seem to bounce and isn't too harsh

Friday, June 03, 2005 4:50 PM
The D Spec are a good set of struts. I would personally rank them a little better then the KYB AGX.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, June 03, 2005 10:59 PM
My D-Specs are amazing with my Sportlines. Ask anyone that has taken an on or off ramp with me.

Saturday, June 04, 2005 1:36 AM
tokico has been on bikes forever and from what i understand they have been doing imports for a while as well. the d-specs are very new for sunfires but they do have a long history of brakes and struts so they're at least as good as any other major brand out there. from what i've heard you're better off going with koni yellows than d-specs for that much money.

Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:49 AM
The advantage to the D-spec is that both the jounce and rebound is adjusted with the change, whereas the Koni it is only one way(which I forget).

I love my D-spec, have had them and put a few thousand miles on them already, and love them more and more each day. But it is also the springs that make the difference.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:39 PM
I'm runnin the D-specs with goldlines ride is pretty good.

Monday, June 06, 2005 6:51 AM
D-specs and Prokit here.. i AutoX and all i can say is WOW... Its a great shock

Monday, June 06, 2005 10:33 AM
the d-specs are amazing, with pro-kit and them at stock setting i can lift the wheels off the ground on a bump, they are STIFF! Super easy install too, took about 2.5 hours for all 4. I would recommend them.

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search