Is there supposed to be a bearing somewhere?HELP - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is there supposed to be a bearing somewhere?HELP
Friday, June 03, 2005 12:28 PM
ok now i found what is wrong with my prostreets, every time i turn the wheel the passenger side tender spring and main spring turn on the strut, i dont know what the hell to do, I got these 2 disc like things with bearings inside i think but i dont know if i'm supposed to use them or what?, the driver side doesnt do it so i dont know
PLEZE help me

Re: Is there supposed to be a bearing somewhere?HE
Friday, June 03, 2005 12:38 PM
thats the bearing i asked about in the other two posts...

you are supposed to use those )

rubber side of it facing the spring, and the plastic/white side facing the mount.

should be on on each side. else the spring can actually start ripping rubber off the mount.

Friday, June 03, 2005 12:39 PM
you never even botheres to answer me in your last post.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=90233&t=90233

Friday, June 03, 2005 12:49 PM
ok and how do i get thos apart? i turn them and i hear nothing but gridage, so i assume that they will have to be regreased..
Friday, June 03, 2005 12:58 PM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:ok and how do i get thos apart? i turn them and i hear nothing but gridage, so i assume that they will have to be regreased..

probably....

def learn from my experience, it sucked my first time cleaning these...... put them in a towel, and carefully and slowly pry apart the halves with a screw driver. some may or may not pop out...

def dont do it over concrete or grass, cause theres about 63-67 small metal bearings inside.... hard to find if they start rollin and bouncing.

take each one out and put em in a towel or napkin and rub em all together... the towel will clean em etc...

line both halves with a bit of grease and one by one put em back in one half.

then make sure the upper is greased as well, then put it on top, like a sammich.

then rotate it back and forth to make sure its coated.

repeat on the other side.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search