RSM Rear Strut Bar installed - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RSM Rear Strut Bar installed
Saturday, April 16, 2005 4:19 PM
Came with two bolts that I have no idea where they were supposed to go. Instructions were pathetic. I was able to get it in and tightend down but i was disappointed with the brackets that hold the bar in place.

And oh, never order from High Rev Motorsports. It only took a month to get the bar. Pathetic.

Re: RSM Rear Strut Bar installed
Saturday, April 16, 2005 6:26 PM

Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:19 AM
Sunday, April 17, 2005 3:51 AM
I guess you would actually have to own a RSM Bar to see what I was talking about.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 6:08 AM
or you could post some pictures

Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:20 AM

You can't see the first stud the bracket goes over. But there was a nut on that that could come off. The other studs you see are bolts that go up through the fend well I believe and thread into nuts on the body. Not sure if they are asking you to remove those than slide the bolt up and place the bracket over it and then nut on it. What I did was slide the bracket over the existing stud and the nut that came with the bolt actually threaded on the existing bolt.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:04 AM
TTT
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:13 AM
yeah, those brackets look like they suck, those bolts are to replace the bolt you can remove that's attached to the bar... um, the outter one... that goes in from the bottom... if you get what I mean, I can see where it says that in the instructions... the instructions make perfect sense to me. hope you like the hardware though

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:23 AM
I did kind of figure that but the brackets don't fit flush anyway. Not a huge issue. I did use one of the supplied nuts on the factory nut and and I used the factory nut on the hidden stud on the factory bolt. No issues so far.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search