Factory swaybar endlinks/bushings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Factory swaybar endlinks/bushings
Tuesday, October 26, 2004 2:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Besides the local auto parts stores, does anyone know where online I can purchase those endlinks or bushings? I checked a few auto parts and they didn't have them. It for a 97 Z24.
Thanks for any comments, suggestions.

Luis

Re: Factory swaybar endlinks/bushings
Tuesday, October 26, 2004 8:33 PM
97 so you should have the FE 1 suspension.

I have a few sets of bushings/endlinks if you like.

Basically spare sets I have lieing around I can sell to you.
Even the spare set of GM endlinks I have available.

Shoot me an email. (resgistry)
-M <br>

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:41 AM
Personally dude, I'd just pick up some polyurethane bushings. I know you can get them at www.highrevmotorsports.com, and karo probably has them too. They're much better than stock and only cost like $10 - $15. No reason to go with anything cheaper.

<br>

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:43 AM
Karo's site is by the waywww.carcustoms.net

<br>

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:23 AM
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 11:11 AM
Thanks to all that replied, it's much appreciated!

Luis
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 11:37 AM
Like I said,

I have Energy Suspension end links (red or black bushings), High Rev bushings, and Factory GM end link sets sitting here if you need them.

-M <br>

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 2:49 PM
Hey Mastin,

Yes i'm interested in any of them as long as they will work with the factory front swaybar! I'll email you when I get off from work.

Thanks,

Luis
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 4:46 PM
http://www.highrevmotorsports.com has them as well <br>

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:41 PM
I have heard bad things about high rev - is there any place else I can order them from?

Karo doesnt have them listed on his site.

If anyone has the dimensions of the endlink bushing that would be cool then I could order them from prothane or energy suspension direct!

My 2k3 cavalier | Nebraska Region SCCA
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:51 AM
Autozone 'may' have them. You want the ones that have the 1" sleeve. 92122 I think.
Red bushings.

Or Pep Boys, the larger store version. (think 12am Walmart vs 24hr Walmart)
hey have them with the black bushings.

I dont have any more spare sets.
But they have them in stores around here if you need a gopher.

-M

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:41 AM
Ok I came up with these part numbers. They are for a 2nd gen but maybe they still apply to a 3rd gen?

From energy suspension

9.8117 - endlinks (these are 2 5/8" tall does that sound right?)

24mm
3.5167 - sway bar "D" bushings

I know the sway bar on my suspension is 24mm - I am wondering if these have the tab on one side like the stock ones. I know people have used universal ones but had to cut them up to get them to work right.

9.13101 - tie rod boots

These say for a round style 15mm upper diameter and 35mm lower. I will probably end up measuring all this when I do the c-arms this weekend but maybe someone knows.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:41 AM
Tommy Boy wrote:Ok I came up with these part numbers. They are for a 2nd gen but maybe they still apply to a 3rd gen?

From energy suspension

24mm

I know the sway bar on my suspension is 24mm - I am wondering if these have the tab on one side like the stock ones. I know people have used universal ones but had to cut them up to get them to work right.

9.13101 - tie rod boots

These say for a round style 15mm upper diameter and 35mm lower. I will probably end up measuring all this when I do the c-arms this weekend but maybe someone knows.
for the end-links i used the stock bolt and i cut sleeves to match the stock spacer length. and used energy washers.
for the sway bar D bushing i used their 24mm bushing that i had to order from a number that energy gave me. as far as fit ments i had to trim them up to make them fit into the stock holders and used a 3/16 piece of plate steel under the bushing because it is a bit shorter than the stock bushings

see ya!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:46 PM
I never had a problem with the AutoZone endlink bushings for the front bar. They were the Energy Suspension bushings and made a world of difference over the stock (factory) poly bushings.
Once tightened properly, made the care much more manageable on the road as turn-in was enhanced with just this change.
I also used this same set on a friends Mitsubishi Lancer and he too noticed a big change over the stock setup.
This is one mod that everyone should do and is quite easy.
My "D" bushings will be next, once I get the new RK control arms.
Misnblu

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:13 PM
^^^^ What was the number on the front bushings your got at Autozone? I need to do this when in the next few weeks while i'm lowering.

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:47 PM
I never got the number, just bought them by size.
I've been working on cars enough to know that what they had would fit.
They're a bit wider than stock, not sloped and more square but that it what was needed for the better handling of the ride.
They did fit perfectly and didn't protrude past the metal components.
The AutoZones around my area all sell the same kit or just the bushings. I just reused the nut and bolt from the factory setup and just bought the bushings, not the kit with the nut/ bolt/ bushings in one package.
Misnblu

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:36 PM
e/s 9.8122 R for red
with the one inch sleeve. I shaved mine down a little bit to get the sway bar even with the contol arm. they need to make a 3/4 inch sleeved end link.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:50 PM
cool thanks. I'll trim it done as I think i've read a few post where several people had to do this. I'll take a look and figure it out.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:38 PM
Ok here is what you do. I did this a couple years ago. I was one of the people who told other about it on here. Just take off you existing bushing and just run to Autozone, Pepboys, or where ever. YOu can just match the size bushing to what is there if you want you can take off the whoel bushing and bolt and match it up to what is in the store. You will need 4 for each side. I can't remember the part number but if you do it that way you should be fine that is how i found out what to use.

Did mine about 3-4 years ago.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:26 PM
do like i did. buy a grade 8 5/8in bolt that has the same amount of threads as the stock bolts. pick up some grade 8 locknuts as well. while your there pick up 4 grade 8 flat washers and 2 1in long steel sleeves. then go to autozone and buy the polyurethane bushing kit. has the poly bushings and grade 8 washers for them. stronger than factory. considering i snapped the grade 5 bolt that came from the factory this was the best thing to do.

im me if you need a better explaination or want some pics.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:41 PM
yeah the bushings is all i need i can pick up the bolts and washers at a hardware store

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:49 AM
Why go through all of the trouble with changing nuts and bolts, it's not necessary?? They sell just the bushings, alone without the spacer and nut/ bolt set. This is what I bought. It makes it less painless in deciding on which one to get when you get to the parts house.
The grade 8 nut/ bolt is a great idea but not necessary, unless you like hitting sinkholes with your ride or something that would have a traumatic effect on your suspension.
Every car I've owned, I've done this mod and never once did I replace the factory bolt nut that held the originals or the spacers. I've put over 200,000 miles on these vehicles with no mishap, just an occasional replacing of the bushing due to wear and nothing more.
Take it easy on the wallet unless you have lots to spend.
For me, that extra change lets me go to the track because trophies are calling my name and riceboys await a beating.
I'm done.
Misnblu

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:41 AM
To me going to a parts or hardware store and spending less than 10 buxs on two grade 8 zinc plated bolts and some washers is well worth it. I know it may not be necessary but I do autox regualry and there can be some mean potholes in this town.

I ordered my endlink bushing and D bushings last night so I will be working on all this soon. Thanks for all the info people!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 3:12 PM
Tommy Boy wrote:To me going to a parts or hardware store and spending less than 10 buxs on two grade 8 zinc plated bolts and some washers is well worth it. I know it may not be necessary but I do autox regualry and there can be some mean potholes in this town.

I ordered my endlink bushing and D bushings last night so I will be working on all this soon. Thanks for all the info people!

where did you order these from and exactly what part numbers did you use????

did you use these numbers?

Quote:

From energy suspension

24mm

or did you get those d bushings and use this part number for the endlinks

Quote:

e/s 9.8122 R for red

Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:27 AM
bumpy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search