stupid question but still curious - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stupid question but still curious
Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:28 AM
Ok,i was reading the topic on this forum about the difference between a basic an LS Sport suspension,and that got me curious if the suspension on my 97 Z24 was any different than the suspension on a basic cavi from 97,the car handles well for having a basically stock suspension(only mod i have is front/back strut bars),i'm just curious.
thanx
J

Re: stupid question but still curious
Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:01 AM
from what i can tell there definitely is. a 4 door LS running on 16" and 195s IMO handles better than my 2 door basic on 17" and 215s. there is a difference in steering though, mine is more aggressive/responsive.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 2:00 AM
you have 16" wheels and tires, the base cav has 14" wheels and tires. You have a front sway bar, the base cav does not. Thats it...

Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:47 AM
unless it's the base 4-door. it has the sway bar too.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:59 AM
oldskool wrote:you have 16" wheels and tires, the base cav has 14" wheels and tires. You have a front sway bar, the base cav does not. Thats it...

so my 97 Z24 has a front swaybar?...huh cool i didn't know that.well thanx for answering my question

Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:56 AM
^^^ it also has a rear support bar welded inside the axle beam.

and some base's did come with a front sway. i have a 95 base parts car with one.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:14 PM
^^ if that's true, what would the difference be if I out that onto my 4-door with the Addco rear sway? would it be stiffer still? I have a 97Z parts car here. . . I'm just wondering that.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:29 PM
z yaaaa wrote:^^^ it also has a rear support bar welded inside the axle beam.

and some base's did come with a front sway. i have a 95 base parts car with one.

ok cool,so i do have a slightly differant suspension setup than a base 97 cavalier,same struts/springs but just some extra handling improvement parts.cool thanx for answering my question.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:33 PM
brad- it IS true.

i have two z24's... a 97 and a 98. both have the rear axle bar welded in.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:31 PM
new project for me then, thanks fellow Brad.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search