just need some advise - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just need some advise
Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:18 PM
hey guys and gals well im looking to get the easy street air ride set up and i am debating weather i should get the digital set up or the toggle switch set up if any body has any personal experience with either product of any fed back for me i should would appericate thanks again guys

Re: just need some advise
Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:45 PM
Hmm well i've had the toggle switch setup, (10 switch box) had terrible memories with that. I had a 2 toggle switch setup that was pretty basic but no problems with it. I recently got the digital setup and love it. It looks better, it seems like you have more "control" and it has several functions that are pretty neat "ride height" mainly. The only thing that sucks about the digital setup is the install. If you have all valves close together then it will be a piece of cake, however if you have them split like mine (some in the trunk, some elsewhere) then the install is hell! You will spend most of your day extending the harness.

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions just ask.

FOR SALE
Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:45 PM
Im running the Autopilot(digital system). Its nice and compact. It displays individual bag pressures, tank pressure, and allows you to preset an automatic ride height.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Friday, February 20, 2009 5:40 AM
thanks guys the digital setup is what i am really wanting to get but after talking to my friends they all had mixed reviews about the set up. one being that the system will short and the car will dump while on the highway or something like that or the computer may go out then your really screwed things like that is what i have been hearing has anybody had any true issues with the autopilot set up? as far as malfunctions?

and thank you again bagged on 20's and tinkles

Friday, February 20, 2009 6:47 AM
I believe some of the early Dakota Digital setups had problems like that. I am fairly sure that they have safeguard measures in place to prevent these from happening.

I do like the look of a digi controller more than a giant switchbox sitting on the seat. I have the ART digi system, combined with the compact AVS switches that will be molded into my center console (and have locking capabilities).

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:01 AM
thanks for the info john and best of luck with your set up man hope all gose well for you

Friday, February 20, 2009 10:37 AM
Mr.Cavy254 wrote:thanks for the info john and best of luck with your set up man hope all gose well for you

it will, just dont know at what final cost....lol

Friday, February 20, 2009 10:42 AM
^ lol well guys i went on ahead and did it i just put the order for the easystreet kit with autopilot =) i cant wait till it gets here
thanks again for the input

Friday, February 20, 2009 11:47 AM
The only problem i have had with my auto pilot is that the ground for the computer kept on getting loose and shutting off my controller. I just grounded it better and the problem went away.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Friday, February 20, 2009 1:39 PM
i prefer switch boxes

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search