5 Gallon Chrome Tank Mounted - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 Gallon Chrome Tank Mounted
Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:21 PM
Well anyone who has been following the build knew about this install coming up just didn't plan on doing it today. Got out of work early so I was able to get an start during daylight.

My old tank

New Tank

After Install (Sorry so dark)

Have not changed anything in the trunk area until now that area is next after the interior.

One last shot with the tail lights on for those of you requesting by PM to see them lit up.

FOR SALE

Re: 5 Gallon Chrome Tank Mounted
Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:22 PM
** Thanks to Chazz for the idea **

And the tips that I used while installing.

FOR SALE
Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:01 PM
back end is sex. what u gonna do 4 paint?

WiGM-Tuners member.
Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:02 PM
Shiny

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, February 20, 2009 3:47 AM
looks good. you are off center to the left by 1.25 mm. jk.
so your trunk torsion bars don't get in the way of that tank?

Friday, February 20, 2009 5:36 AM
02 Redbadged:

Thinking of a 2 tone some way to incorporate the headlight/tail light lines and leave the top a seperate color. Possible Gunmetal/Silver or Gunmetal/Black color combo. Still not sure will probably get someone to do some photoshop magic for me soon.

Jason:

Thanks bro! You will see a bunch of your products in the inside to finish it off lol.

Chris:

Don't tell me that, i'll be unbolting that bastard to move it over.

As for the torsion bars when I installed them I put them all the way against the torsion bars, so whenever the trunk comes down the torsion bars pull away from the tank. Little to no stress really. I have to get all new fittings due to me changing sizes on the tank so I should be able to move the car in a week or so when the new fittings come in.

thanks for the comments guys!

FOR SALE
Friday, February 20, 2009 5:51 AM
lookin good bro. i like that spot for the tank.def love the chrome. i want to do that but then id have no room for my 15's lol. props.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Friday, February 20, 2009 6:26 AM
I HATE YOU WEBSENCE!!!

Y WONT YOU LET ME VEIW PICS!!!

Seriously though, I have a chrome 5 gallon tank, and all chrome fittings (from Jason), and colored hose that I will be mounting soon.....And looking for ideas. I also have 2 460c's, and need to squeeze that in with 4 10's, a few amps, and a second battery.

Any wayz you could send me a copy of the pics....so I can see them?

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:01 AM
Looks good dude, I wish my camera wouldnt have been broken when I re did my trunk setup..all I had was my cell phone pics =(

Friday, February 20, 2009 11:49 AM
Damn, now you have me thinking of putting my tank there.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Friday, February 20, 2009 12:03 PM
AH HA!!

I can see pics now.....for some reason.

Very nice, I have thought about that idea. I was going to go to the vert hinges anyways.....mostly impart to the prostock spoiler weighing to much to keep it open,

Friday, February 20, 2009 12:25 PM
in that third pic it actually looks like an S2000, I like it.
Friday, February 20, 2009 1:34 PM
Rick:

This fixed my problem Rear Seat Delete hopefully my harness bar will clear it... I thought about that after I purchased it.

Sdwndr 2:
You can still take some pictures for us to look at bro!

Tinkles:

Join the club... only problem is getting moisture out of the tank because it is upside down.. I have a few ideas for that.

John:

Not familiar with the vert hinges... school me.

Darestie:

Thanks for the compliment bro, in my paint scheme I am trying to think of ways to incorporate a little s2000 theme, or highlight the tail light conversion. This will be done WITHOUT any cheesy honda badges, so i'm brainstorming still.

FOR SALE
Friday, February 20, 2009 1:58 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:Tinkles:

Join the club... only problem is getting moisture out of the tank because it is upside down.. I have a few ideas for that.

My tank has a fitting on top, so i dont have that problem.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Friday, February 20, 2009 2:29 PM
I understand what your saying, but do you mean the air pressure allows for the moisture to be pushed out of the top hole? Only concern I had was the moisture will have to be pushed out of the side hole instead of the bottom which is what i've had on my previous installs.

FOR SALE
Friday, February 20, 2009 5:11 PM
I was saying that i wouldnt have a problem with a water drain, cuz my tank has a port on top. Along with a port on the bottom, each end, and 4 on the back of the tank.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Friday, February 20, 2009 5:16 PM
Ohh ok! Would work perfect then. I only have 2 on each side.

FOR SALE
Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:00 PM
The vert hinges just bolt in the trunk jam area, and have the gas shocks to hold the trunk open....nothing protrudes into the trunk area itself.

Hopefully I can find some, and hopefully they can hold up my spoiler.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 7:55 PM
Looks good. Thats exactly where I have my tank mounted. Its welded to a strut brace that I have welded into my car. Its out of the way yet still easy to get to.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:19 PM
Looks good man! Glad it worked out for you!

As for Draining the tank I just use a piece of 1/4" Air Tubing about 3ft long, Cut the End with an Angle then Feed it into the tank the Curl of the airline will bring it to the bottom. Then just turn your compressors on and it will pump the moisture out. It helps to lay the drivers side out and have the passengers side up on blocks so all the water "sloshes" to the corner.

Do it once every 2-3 months and your good...takes me about 10min. Next time I do it ill post a video.

Just for Brags I just re-routed my dumps outside of the car to keep the rust dust out You can see the rust I need to wash out still. Excuse the mess in the trunk.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:06 PM
I just finished the final install, and forgot about my train horn... DOH, so now I have to get some more fittings and get everything I need to get the horn installed.

Chazz, once again thanks for the idea I like the dump idea looks great in your car.

Bagdfire: I like it here, it is definatly an improvement over just bolting it to the floor.

John: make sure you post some pictures once you get them and install them it may be worth my while finding some in the future.

FOR SALE

Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:20 AM
i picked up some vert hinges ( havnt installed them yet ) i have my 5 gallon tank on the buttom and have another 6 gallon tank installed right above it and it hits the torsion bars. and with the vert hinges like john said the vert hinges wont protrude into the turn which will help me alot when it comes to doing my fiber glass boxes inthe trunk so i dont have to worrie about the hinges hitting my sub box

john: im pretty sure the shock will held up ur trunk lid with the prostock wing on it if not i'm sure u can grab the gas trrunk shock from the coblat ss cause there wings are pretty heavy and they held up good.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:48 PM
Hell, At this point in time, I cant even find the vert hinges....lol

Cant put the wagon before the horse.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:01 PM
Is that a fan on your compressor? If so where did you get it at? I've thought a lot of times on trying to make a fan setup to cool the compressors down.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:27 PM
Actually I wish I could tell you more about the compressor. I know it's a beefy SOB, fills the tank in minutes. Quieter then my old Viair's and seems to be more stable. I have no idea what make/model it is??? I will take some pictures and hopefully someone can identify it.

Seems to stay cool under high demands and has a built in oiler and air filter isn't a "sock" it's an actual filter.

FOR SALE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search