lowering the car - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering the car
Friday, February 06, 2009 8:10 PM
I was wondering if I could take the springs off the struts and cut like and 1.5" off them and put them back on the struts and it be okay for the car?

Re: lowering the car
Friday, February 06, 2009 8:17 PM
not this again ...

Friday, February 06, 2009 8:32 PM
No. Trust me, your suspension is not somewhere you want to cheap out on. Save up and do it right.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Friday, February 06, 2009 9:02 PM
Atleast he asked 1st.

No, cutting the coils is never a good idea. They make lowering springs now and struts to handle the lowering spring(stockers wont). If you are tight on money, just save for them.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Friday, February 06, 2009 11:27 PM
plus if you look in the for sale section. a few members are selling lowering springs. at least you can get those falrly cheap. then work on your shocks.

ECOtec DOHC

Saturday, February 07, 2009 6:26 AM
This must be a joke. You've been around long enough to have read some of these threads.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:25 PM
Do it. Then go drive really fast and hit sometihng, to destroy that godawful bodykit on that car...

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Sunday, February 08, 2009 12:26 AM
Well...here's a flashback to the late '80s where there was no aftermarket support...I remember it well for my Honda Civic. Stay off the crack and step away from the hacksaw!!!!
Monday, February 16, 2009 6:25 PM
blownblackz go suck yourself and stop being an ass... i just asked a simple Q.... and thanx to everyone else that wasn't an ass about it...I'm sorry that i can afford more than taillights

Monday, February 16, 2009 6:54 PM
nate van vliet wrote:Well...here's a flashback to the late '80s where there was no aftermarket support...I remember it well for my Honda Civic. Stay off the crack and step away from the hacksaw!!!!

I remember the late 80's early 90's when lowering springs weren't normally available, and had about three cars with cut springs. No chance in h3ll I would do that today. Even if I didn't bounce off the road into a tree the ride sux that bad.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:09 AM
dont be a pussy, do it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search