Progress swaybar - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Progress swaybar
Friday, February 06, 2009 4:34 PM
Anyone have a progress swaybar? I was looking at them on TTR web site I noticed they are quite a bit cheeper then the other brands! Any help would be great!

Re: Progress swaybar
Friday, February 06, 2009 4:35 PM
Oh by the way im looking at the rear bar

Friday, February 06, 2009 6:41 PM
yeah i ask this question about three or four months ago. And nobady answered me . im thinking about to get it .
phil

Friday, February 06, 2009 8:09 PM
i havent heard anything bad about it.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 3:28 AM
I've got one on my Z24. I feel like its a kickass piece.

It is about infinity times better than running in stock configuration.

My car handles competently for what I've done to it (mods in registry) and I autocross it semi regularly and do pretty decent.

The only thing to watch for is how it mounts... Instead of going under the axle like the Addco bar the Progress bar bolts to the back of the axle and puts some stress on the ebrake cable. I've heard of an instance of this eventually causing a guys ebrake cable to snap, and I could believe it. When I put mine on my car I used some BFH coercion to adjust the mounting points of the ebrake cable. I may have only got an extra cm, but I think it was worth it. I know my bar has been on my car for roughly 3 years now, and the ebrake is still toight loike a toiger.

Get it if its a good deal. I happened to snag mine when Summit had them on clearance. Got the bastard for something retarded cheap like $72 + shipping.

To be short and sweet, best mod I've done to this car. I have no question at all in saying that.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 4:44 AM
I bought one a couple years ago for my Sunfire but never was able to use it. It's been mounted, but otherwise unused. PM me for a price and pics if you want it. I sold my Sunfire and my Cavalier.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 10:26 AM
hahaha...toight loike a toiger...
Saturday, February 07, 2009 10:38 AM
I had the eibach but it sounds like they mount similarly. However it was the best mod to the suspension.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Saturday, February 07, 2009 11:22 AM
Very nice product. Great price also on them.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, February 07, 2009 11:40 AM
I forgot to add, it is a pretty neat bar in one other respect. The mounting hardware and spacers it requires you to run - they require you preload the bar some upon installation. I remember having to bolt one side up, then go over to the other side and give it hell to flex the bar inward somewhat to mount up how it the directions determined.

Oh yeah, did I mention that everyone should have at least some aftermarket rear sway bar on these cars, it really is that big of a help.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:00 PM
M-1 Erma Jean wrote:I had the eibach but it sounds like they mount similarly.

theyre a little different. eibach and addco bars mount the same, they have an L bracket coming off the lower rear shock bolts and then the whole bushing assembly off the brackets to the bar. the progress bar is a bit different, and actually a bit easier to install. it eliminates the L bracket and bushings by mounting directly to the lower shock bolt. its kinda weird but it definately does the job. wish i had a pic of mine to compare.

bought and installed the progress rear bar last june from TTR. fantastic upgrade. well worth the money. but as KFLO was saying, where it mounts to the rear axle it will rub on the Ebrake cable slightly. ive been running it like that since i installed it and have had no troubles with it.

ttr is def a great company to deal with, and they have great pricing. if youve got the cash its definately worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:02 PM

Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:45 PM
Quote:

wish i had a pic of mine to compare.

Pardon the dirty mess...

Sunday, February 08, 2009 10:02 AM
Do you have a full pic of the whole sway bar Kardain? I never seen one on before. Cause i might buy the setup.
thanks
phil

Sunday, February 08, 2009 10:36 AM
Kardain wrote:
Quote:

wish i had a pic of mine to compare.

Pardon the dirty mess...

thats the one. they changed the color on the newer ones tho, mines like a gunmetal color.

and heres the addco for comparrison (eibach is the same, just a tad smaller and red):

as you can see it mounts to the rear axle slightly different also. the progress bar i had to drill out 4 holes in the rear axle to mount the d bushings. looks like the addco has some U bolts which just clamps it to the axle. eibach mounts the same.

addco rear is a pic of Geeky's taken from his thread in photos and media from about a year ago.

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:07 PM
Quote:

Do you have a full pic of the whole sway bar Kardain? I never seen one on before. Cause i might buy the setup.

Not at the moment, just pics of the partial bar at odd angles

Quote:

they changed the color on the newer ones tho, mines like a gunmetal color.

Yep, got mine through a clearance sale @ Summit, probably when the color changed.

Monday, February 09, 2009 12:14 AM
I have the teal fun maker as well. Did you get on that buy when I posted it up on the forum back in the day?

As soon as I found it on clearance I posted it up on the jbo.

It's supposed to be nice here tomorrow, I'll take my digicam with me in the morning and do what I can to snag a good picture of my teal fun maker.

Monday, February 09, 2009 8:54 PM
It ended up being rainy here all day, the temp was nice, but the water wasn't for getting pics. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:31 PM
ptuning.com has these right now for $99.00 shipped if anyone wants to know

Friday, February 13, 2009 12:20 AM
I looked at ptuning.com they dont carry them for the cavaliers or sunfire. where did you seee it at?
phil

Friday, February 13, 2009 4:04 AM
phil juarez wrote:I looked at ptuning.com they dont carry them for the cavaliers or sunfire. where did you seee it at?
phil

Wow your right! I just looked too, I must have got the last one.. It cost me $99 shipped. It did say clearence but i figured they had a few of them left.I am sorry if i got people excited, i thought i was helping people out ..

Friday, February 13, 2009 4:09 AM
ScreamSayonara wrote:I bought one a couple years ago for my Sunfire but never was able to use it. It's been mounted, but otherwise unused. PM me for a price and pics if you want it. I sold my Sunfire and my Cavalier.

^^^^ This guy had a slightly used one if sombody is interested, I sent him a PM and he still has it for sale.. PM him.

Friday, February 13, 2009 5:37 AM
Dave De Stefano wrote:hahaha...toight loike a toiger...

LMAO!!!! i had to re-read it. then when i got it i spit my drink on the comp

ECOtec DOHC

Friday, February 13, 2009 1:34 PM
I have Progress Springs and rear sway bar on my Honda, the company makes good parts at fair prices.

Friday, February 13, 2009 2:36 PM
Hey Darkstars, What did you have for suspension in that picture ? ^^^^^^^

Friday, February 13, 2009 4:42 PM
what picture? Its a rotating sig it changes between like 20 different pics,

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search