Give me your opinion - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Give me your opinion
Thursday, February 05, 2009 10:32 PM
I have the eibach prokit and agx's on my z. I think they look good and handle very well but are a bit bouncy even on the stiffest setting of the agx's. For my vert I want to lower it but I want a softer ride than the prokit. This is more for looks than performance. what is a good spring that is low but rides nicer than the prokit? Im thinking about Dspecs or konis to go wth them.

Re: Give me your opinion
Thursday, February 05, 2009 10:38 PM
post your vert please haha i have ground control and yellows on mine.. i love it

Thursday, February 05, 2009 10:52 PM
Dspecs + Road Magnets

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:16 PM
Thanks for the advice so far.

This is a really good pic. you cant see the clearcoat wearing off or the dent in the driverside fender or the dents in the hood or holes in the convertible top. I am going to be putting the z24 wheels on this car and probably convert to 2001 headlights and Z kit. the interior needs replacing due to the leaky top. and a motor is slowly in the works.

Friday, February 06, 2009 12:17 AM
Zs Z wrote:Thanks for the advice so far.

This is a really good pic. you cant see the clearcoat wearing off or the dent in the driverside fender or the dents in the hood or holes in the convertible top. I am going to be putting the z24 wheels on this car and probably convert to 2001 headlights and Z kit. the interior needs replacing due to the leaky top. and a motor is slowly in the works.

eh i still have you beat... my z24 vert was in way worse condition when i bought it.. hell it even came with its own swimming pool lol /

click here for my verts before pics..

Friday, February 06, 2009 4:38 AM
prokit is a very good choice for a suttle drop. check your struts and make sure one or two of them are not blown. that is what gives you the bounciness

Friday, February 06, 2009 6:03 AM
AWD GS wrote:prokit is a very good choice for a suttle drop. check your struts and make sure one or two of them are not blown. that is what gives you the bounciness

indeed, do a bounce test and see if you have a bad strut.

Friday, February 06, 2009 9:38 AM
i firmly believe if you went with a set of yellows or d-specs instead of those AGX's you would get the ride your after.

OR.. you could just get a set of the O.E.M. mounts minus washers to lower the car another inch without doing a damn thing. unsure on if it makes the ride worse or not though....definitely give a much better feel.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Friday, February 06, 2009 11:53 AM
AZ24Ncav wrote:
eh i still have you beat... my z24 vert was in way worse condition when i bought it.. hell it even came with its own swimming pool lol

Hahaha mine too til i drilled a hole in the wheel well. The rubber that the bottom edge of the top by the trunk started to unattach itself in both corners. One day I will fix it.

Friday, February 06, 2009 11:56 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i firmly believe if you went with a set of yellows or d-specs instead of those AGX's you would get the ride your after.

OR.. you could just get a set of the O.E.M. mounts minus washers to lower the car another inch without doing a damn thing. unsure on if it makes the ride worse or not though....definitely give a much better feel.

Yeah I definitely will try those before I go with agxs again. I might try the strut mounts, they sounds like a good idea.

And to the other posts I have checked my struts and they are not blown, thanks for the idea tho.

Friday, February 06, 2009 12:29 PM
checked how? did you just check to see if they were leaking or did you remove them from the car to check them? some times a strut doesnt have to leak to be blown.

Friday, February 06, 2009 9:39 PM
I'm running the ProKits along with the standard KYB struts and there's no bounce at all.
The ride is fantastic with a good smooth ride on most roads and when it comes time to put the car through it's paces, the springs do a wonderful job of handling the curves.
Like they've mentioned, check your strut to make sure they're not worn out.
Good luck though with your choice and I seriously doubt that you'll find a better spring than the ProKits.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search