EBC Products? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EBC Products?
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:01 PM
So I just ordered a set of green stuff pads and I was going to get the Baer OEM cross drilled and slotted replacements which were also zinc coated. Apparently they are on national backorder and I cant wait fronts are shot and inspection is due at the end of Nov.

So they offered me the EBC rotors which are cross drilled and dimpled still a vented rotor though which I think will still be better than stock. Not sure if they are zinc coated but I hope they are since I like my brakes shiney.

Had the money been there I would have got the 13inch baer kit for up front but my front stockers are 11.6 inch rotors (cobalt). Anyone have any feedback on EBC products? I've never dealt with them personally I know a guy that used to use them with his 13 inch Baer kit year round down in MD with no issues

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: EBC Products?
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:33 PM
i have the ebc green stuff on both my js ... stock rotors. they get a bit dusty... actually more then just a bit... but they stop nice i guess. i got both my sets for 18 i think on an accidental sell from pepboys ...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3170400/3

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:18 PM
i have the ebc ultimax rotors they work great for me

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:18 AM
I have ebc black dash rotors and yellow pads on the ohv cav and love them....I plan on getting the same for the silver car.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:47 AM
yeah, the only problem with the rotor design is the dimples can trap heat if you are stopped, and the pad is blocking the dimples. I would like them better if they were drilled through, but they are a very good product. I believe the domestic cars have a black finish, that is rubbed off on the pad contact area. import applications are the gold zinc.

Pads stop nice, but are a tad dusty.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:02 PM
Shoulda called me Matt. I get awesome deals on all the EBC stuff

I use the Yellow pads on my Cav and they are amazing. The only pads I haven't cracked after a couple months worth of 100MPH-30MPH slow downs at the track.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, October 31, 2008 7:08 AM
I ran the EBC rotors with Green stuff pads for a few years. Great stopping power, very little fade on the track, but more dust than I cared for. With gunmetal wheels it wasn't too big of an issue though.

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:42 AM
i just recently switched from hawk to ebc green stuff and i think they have a better bite than the hawks. the dust seems to be about the same.
Monday, November 03, 2008 6:37 PM
I had greenstuff with the slotted/dimpled ebc rotors for about a year. They stopped nice and never, ever faded under autocross use. Got loud (squeaky) when hot, a bit dusty but good performance.

Ate the rotors in one autoX season though (cracked all over).

I ran Hawk HPS w/ Powerslots after that and couldn't really tell much difference performance-wise but the HPS's were quieter.

Greenstuff is nice though.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Friday, November 07, 2008 6:55 AM
I didnt think you were still dealing parts Hypsy? My usual contacts didnt get back to me so I had to go through other channels. My back was kinda up against the wall I needed them to pass inspection or at least I thought. Upon inspecting the old brakes I see they weren't that bad.

I sincerely hope they last longer than one year

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, November 08, 2008 7:35 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I sincerely hope they last longer than one year

Depends on how you drive on 'em, mine only lasted that long because of Autocross
Slotted rotors tend to be a *bit* harder on pads than smooth as well. If you drive a lot of highway and don't autocross they should last as long as any factory pad/rotor setup I would say.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:55 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I didnt think you were still dealing parts Hypsy?

I'm back, and if you see the performance forum, better than ever. I got a new collaboration starting up that looks very promising. You'll be hearing a lot from TVR/AF on here and on CSS in the very near future.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search