junkyard mods - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
junkyard mods
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:50 PM
is their any upgraded parts i can pick up at the junk yard

speed kills save lives drive a honda

Re: junkyard mods
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:04 PM
Depends on what engine you have.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:37 PM
Strut brace from a convertible. That's about it.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:01 PM
56mm tb off a 2.3

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:41 AM
LD9 - Cams from a 2.3, HO and LO intake manifolds

L61 - The M62 supercharger off the cobalt ss/sc's and the turbo setup off a 03+ Saab 9-3.

3rd gen cars - Aluminum N-body control arms, but they have to be machined to fit. NWF swap. Cavfire conversions, cavalier trunk swaps. Interior swaps. Neon rear disc swaps(machining is required). 3x00 series v-6 engine swaps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:45 AM

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:49 AM
yeah, what all are you trying to upgrade??

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:51 AM
I'm about to swap my stock base model rear axle with one off a LS Sport. The LS sport comes from the factory with a stiffer axle. I guess that counts as a junkyard mod.
Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:00 AM
^ LOL @ the "stiffer" axle. I'm assuming you're referring to the built-in "swaybar" which I see doing nothing. I'd personally save myself the hassle and add an aftermarket swaybar and be done with it.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:11 AM
Schulte is right don't waste your time with the ls axle get an aftermarket rear sway bar with prothane links. For the money it is one of the best mods you can do especially for the suspension.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:17 AM
im trying to upgrade my car as much as i can on a small budget so any good cost effective ideas good and
i have a o2 base cavy

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:20 AM
go to the classifieds here and pick up used equipment for cheap.

thats the best advice I have for you.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:40 AM
Quote:

upgrade my car as much as i can on a small budget

those terms are (usually) mutually exclusive.

cheap "upgrades" are usually downgrades in the long run.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:45 AM
^^^ thats a true statement right there....

Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:38 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:^ LOL @ the "stiffer" axle. I'm assuming you're referring to the built-in "swaybar" which I see doing nothing. I'd personally save myself the hassle and add an aftermarket swaybar and be done with it.

My stock axle was damaged in a past accident, so It needs to be replaced regardless. Since I have to replace it anyway I figure I will just go with the LS sport axle.
Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:52 PM
I would still go with a sway bar after that you will love it.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:33 PM
has anybody done the control arm swap can u tell me what model and year and how much u spent on machining it and also the neon swap

Sunday, November 02, 2008 4:45 PM
99' Grand Ams and Aleros

Only those two cars and only for that year. If you can get a set by the end of the week, John Benham can get them machined at a good discount.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search