5x115 in rear with stock rear struts will be solved :) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5x115 in rear with stock rear struts will be solved :)
Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:36 PM
After a few weeks conversation with Darren (Phewes) about how to get 5x115 in my rear without doing IRS swap. Darren pushed me to try N-body rear hubs for a while. I finally pushed myself to try. I got extra swing arms from doing length project with darren on his car. I did not have to remove my 5x100 hubs to get an answer.

I looked into my second swing arm sitting in garage. I now know its gonna be solved 100%. I will need a new metal plate and have same thick size. and have a shop to machine drill the bore...and have em to drill 4 holes. I will have to weld the metal plate myself.

that is pretty simple eh? lol
I need a quick answer from you guys... how far length is the hub bearing mount to the pattern surface for stock j-body. I am more concerned about having wheels coming wider.

as for brake kit.. I ll have camaro in with custom bracket... more pics coming soon

I need to know what stock hub length size is so I ll know my rims wont be coming out wider. I dont want to remove my first swing arm to get an answer...I hope you guys have a quick answer for me.

Re: 5x115 in rear with stock rear struts will be solved :)
Friday, October 24, 2008 6:28 AM
You're going to need to add some material to that plate. I don't have the measurement handy that you're looking for, but I know that with the front hubs, the N-body is actually shorter than the J-body. In designing the front spindles I've been working on, I had to take that into account.

A crucial measurement you're going to need to take into consideration is the distance between the rotor mounting face and the caliper bracket. The F-body caliper works with a flat bracket with the Y-body rotors because their distances work right with the J-body hub. However, you're going to need to compare any differences in hub height and most likely offset it.

Out of curiosity, why are you going through all of this trouble to avoid doing the IRS swap, which requires far less modification?

Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:34 AM
Anyone done IRS and air-ride yet?

Step the game up Shawn!!!!!

Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:42 PM
true!
do this on nbody irs set up
http://www.easystreetair.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=625

or go custom like ztwofo did.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:53 PM

Saturday, October 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Anyone done IRS and air-ride yet?

Step the game up Shawn!!!!!

Lol, yup

Started with a set bearings from a grandprix (bolt pattern for the wheels i wanted) and went custom from there on in.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:18 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Out of curiosity, why are you going through all of this trouble to avoid doing the IRS swap, which requires far less modification?

lol, because of $$$$ IRS needs more parts compare to what I am doing right now plus I dont want to spend $700 for Malibu rear air struts too. Darren you knows that... you dickhead

with what I am doing now... I only have to buy n-body hubs.. and custom the metal plate... as for brake kit... I have em figured out already...

more pics coming soon
Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:24 PM
its not going to cost 700 i believe. should be lower than that if u go through Jim at easystreet or jason.

and that will save you the extending work on swing arm too! btch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:25 PM

Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:26 PM
I have to agree with you Quikilicav.... why waste time on something far less modifications lol. I dont see why I should do right first time since its only a cavalier its no race car and nobody will notice the different between IRS and swing arms except you guys.

I plan to do front brake kit in rear...custom work will be needed 4 sure... welder is god

plus this way is gonna save money.. but waste time if you dont know what you are doing...

anyways... will keep you guys posted..
Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:33 PM
Phewes wrote:its not going to cost 700 i believe. should be lower than that if u go through Jim at easystreet or jason.

and that will save you the extending work on swing arm too! btch

shut the f.... up lol... come here tonight before leafs game starts!!!!

we ll talk more about this..

I am going to say this one more time!! IRS SWAP need more parts... more $$$ compare to what I am doing right now for sure... 100% bitch... you agree? you have to bitch! lol
Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:45 PM
Pipe and bags are cheap. No need for air struts, if you have a welder and time build a dual control arm setup from scratch.

I can tell if you run IRS or not right away- gotta love negative camber when layed out Not to mention a wheel that is always centered

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:03 PM
hmmm.... pipe and bags....... that's another option... I think I'm liking it.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:01 PM
You have all winter, don't be a pussy.

<3

Sunday, October 26, 2008 1:24 PM
love you Joe
Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:56 PM
gay much?

Monday, October 27, 2008 8:32 AM
Jealous much?

We know you are.

Haha.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search