Everyone with BAER rear discs, QUESTION FOR YOU. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Everyone with BAER rear discs, QUESTION FOR YOU.
Friday, May 02, 2008 9:12 PM
Hey guys,

I need a favor. I'm tossing around the idea of doing the Baer brakes (front and rear), but I have one small problem. I have 18" Axis Decades with the Maxxis staggered look offset in the rear. For those of you who don't know what that is, they make the rim with a thinner bolt/hub flange allowing for a wider outer lip so it looks like a wider staggered wheel, but it actually keeps the same offset as the front rim. The problem here is that this leaves almost no clearance for any kind of brake caliper.

What I need to know is a measurement from the rear rotor hub flange to the outer most portion of the caliper. With this, I can figure out how much of a spacer and wheel stud length i'd need to make this work. Note: I'm on air and have already modified the rear wheel wells for tire clearance so that won't be an issue.

If anyone can get me that measurement it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Everyone with BAER rear discs, QUESTION FOR YOU.
Saturday, May 03, 2008 1:27 AM
ill see what i can do for ya once i got the wheels off again, should be asap though

Sunday, May 04, 2008 4:58 PM
Doesn't Baer have a template on their site somewhere so you can check the size against your wheels? If they don't have it posted, send them an email and I'm sure they'll provide it.

Monday, May 05, 2008 2:07 PM
Oh Yeah, I forgot all about that! Found what I needed on the website. Thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search