cavalier coil over install - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavalier coil over install
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:02 PM
i tried searching but didn't get any luck.

about 2 weeks ago i installed a set of coil overs on my 2004 cavalier, when i got the coil set the guy told me i had to CUT the spring seat bracket and move it down 2-3 inches and RE-WELD it.

If any one has done this OR know OF people that did this mod please any and all information and tip would be awesome .

Re: cavalier coil over install
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:29 PM
??

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:55 PM
not if you buy proper struts. dont use stock struts. read teh faq and sticky at teh top of this forum

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:06 PM
what brand coilovers?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:01 PM
i think its that lil trick for custominzing the shock so after the welding. it looks like a FULL coilover set up....... they are showing you the proper way. i dont know what your plans are for your struts? what coilovers are they

ECOtec DOHC

Thursday, May 01, 2008 3:26 AM
lol the person you bought it from is an idiot. if anything the perches would be removed on coilovers

Sunday, May 04, 2008 5:04 PM
AWD GS wrote:lol the person you bought it from is an idiot. if anything the perches would be removed on coilovers

I wouldn't go calling the guy an idiot. This guy didn't say what sort of coilovers he bought. If he got some crap from eBay or something, then relocating the perches may well be the best way to install them. Of course, the best advice would be to toss them out and get something engineered properly for the car... but that doesn't make the guy giving the advice an idiot. He may just be doing the best he can with what he's got.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search