sprint springs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sprint springs
Sunday, May 04, 2008 2:15 PM
Hey, i am thinking about buying sprint springs for my 98 sunfire, i currently have eibach prokit on my 98 sunfire sedan.; just wondering who has sprint on there j and if you like the drop and ride?
Any picvs of your j lowered on sprint would be great..
I have pro kit as mentioned, no low enough, only 1.4, looks like a stock drop now; should i go lower or keep the prokits???????
Thanks
terry

98 j-body sedan

Re: sprint springs
Sunday, May 04, 2008 2:45 PM
Hey I have sprint springs on my cav and they're actually forsale. I have them with tokico d-specs, they are a nice ride and a fair drop but want something slightly lower.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:07 PM
Yeah your car looks great, your sprints dont look that low; they dont look much lower then my prokits i have on the car in my siggy; hummmm, i am just wondering if the sprints will be low enough for me... my buddy had them on his sunfire gt a few years back and it was nice and low; maby the gt's and z's sit different then the 2.2's???????
Thanks o1 cav for the pics.......

98 j-body sedan

Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:11 PM
Yeah maybe, Mine is a 2.2 and those are I think before the springs actually settled down. that was a week after I put them on the car. They sit a lil bit lower not but if you really think about it it's maybe a .5" difference at max and you really wouldn't notice that.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:17 PM
Yeah another friend of mine has goldlines on his fire gt and they are like a 2'' drop; so i figured sprints would settle at 2'', and his car is really low compared to mine, and thats .6'' difference....

98 j-body sedan

Sunday, May 04, 2008 6:45 PM
I have Sprints, and I like the stance, but they are stiffer than the ProKit. If you don't mind a little harder ride, they're a quality spring. I've had mine on for 6 years, and aside from the initial settling, the stance hasn't changed. I'd say it partly depends on the roads you drive on as well. When I put them on, I lived in a flatter area with smoother roads. When I moved to Maine, I definitely noticed the imperfections in the roads pretty bad.

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:38 PM
I used to have sprints on mine. My car in my sig has the sprints on it still. Loved them. Just changed them for coil overs cause I need to be able to lift it

Monday, May 05, 2008 2:37 AM
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys....

98 j-body sedan

Monday, May 05, 2008 5:28 PM
Sprint springs are blue right?

98 j-body sedan

Monday, May 05, 2008 6:06 PM
yeah they're blue

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:10 AM
Is sprint the only ones who have blue springs for our j-bodys?
The reason i ask is i am looking at buying used springs from some woman who does not know what brand they are or the drop, but she says they are blue, so i am thinking sprint springs, anyu other companys have blue????? i cant think of any...

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 2:22 PM
There are a few blue sets of springs. Spring tech, sprint, cheepy ebay springs.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:09 PM
sprints arent light blue though. they are darker blue. but also try finding a brand on the coil. they usual do

ECOtec DOHC

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:19 PM
Yeah i asked the woman selling the springs to look on the springs(coils) for a make, she said there is no make on the spring, so i dont know; does sprint have there name on the springs????????? i checked there web site and can not find a pic of the sprint springs close enough to see...

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:30 PM
i remember back in like 01 went i put sprint extremes on my saturn. i remember they had a name and model # on them. but that was back then! those sprints still on that car?

ECOtec DOHC

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:33 PM
The springs she is selling she has off the car along with headlights i also want(factory) good price, i just dont want them if they are cheeps, and i have to drive an housr to get the @!#$............ so not sure what to do; i asked her to send me pics too seee if i can tell what springs they are...

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:42 PM
get the pics and post it up. ...........which reminds me... that F'en sucks that sprint stopped makin the sprint Xtremes. i loved those springs. the lowest lowering spring!!!!!

ECOtec DOHC

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:19 PM
My sprints I bought dont have a sprint logo on them, they are sprint springs though. Came with a Sprint warranty card and all.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:21 PM
Mine don't have the logo on them either, and I can't recall seeing Sprints for our cars with anything on them.

I also don't know of any crappy springs for our cars in the same medium/dark blue as Sprints other than coilovers.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 2:48 AM
Yeah i looked at spring tech springs on line and they appear to be green, so if they are it would narrow it down to either sprint or cheap ebay ones this woman is selling, i am going to look on e0bay today to see what the blue ones for our cars look like in case she sends me pics....... i am pretty sure they must be sprint....
I have prokit 1.4, is this even worth me putting in sprint, will it be noticable compared to my prokits you think????
Thanks

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 3:26 AM
please tell me your getting struts too

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:01 AM
terry denomme wrote:I have prokit 1.4, is this even worth me putting in sprint, will it be noticable compared to my prokits you think????
Thanks

Will you notice the extra .2"? I doubt it.

Will you notice a difference in ride? Yes.
The Sprints are higher spring rate than the ProKit. The ride will be a little stiffer. If that's what you're looking for, then go for it. If not, I'd just pass on them.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:49 AM
Sprints are a .8'' drop, my prokits are 1.4, so thats a .4 difference, and my buddy had them in his fire gt and he could barley get a finger in his wheel well; it was really low; my car now is not low at all you can get all kinds of fingers in the wheel wells,lol, so i was thinking the sprints probally settle at 2'' and they would almost be a inch in the differnce......... i will try and get pics and post them up and go froom there
Thanks for all the help and fee back everyone, appreciate it

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 12:46 PM
terry denomme wrote:Sprints are a .8'' drop, my prokits are 1.4, so thats a .4 difference, and my buddy had them in his fire gt and he could barley get a finger in his wheel well; it was really low; my car now is not low at all you can get all kinds of fingers in the wheel wells,lol, so i was thinking the sprints probally settle at 2'' and they would almost be a inch in the differnce...

Not sure why, but when I wrote that, I had 1.6" in my head. Yes, they are 1.8", and they do settle around 2". However, your ProKit is 1.4, and probably settled somewhere areound 1.5"-1.75". All springs will settle just a little after initial install. Another consideration is that the Sunfire GT is actually heavier than the Cavalier. IIRC, they're a couple hundred pounds heavier. That will affect the final stance.

Look at the pic in my sig. That's on Sprints, with 17's. The gap doesn't look much different than the pic in your sig.
Again, I think the biggest difference you'll notice is the feel of the car, not so much on the look, but if the price is right, and you're not paying a shop for the installation, then go ahead and give it a shot. It can't really hurt.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 1:11 PM
^^^^ you make some very good points foresure, got me re considering the whole thing,lol
I manily want different springs for the look, i want to be lower then i am with my prokit which make's the car look like its just at a stock height now as you know how high the j's come from the factory..... but i just thought she would be alot lower with sprints since i am basing this on my buddys gt with goldlines, and my other buddy when he had sprint in his gt, but i only have a fire sedan 2.2...... but i just figured they would all sit the same on the same springs, but i guess the 2.4 would be heavier then the 2.2.......

What is the lowest springs for our cars out there? goldline, sportlines?

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search