ABS light - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ABS light
Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:00 PM
after doing the baer big brake kit i got my abs light on and the codes it says are both front wheels have excessive wheel speed variation

i was wondering what might cause this.

also for the ebrake, before the kit it took the lever almost the whole way to the top to catch and hold the car but now it does not hold at all. was thinking that the cable can be adjusted on the lever but after researching there was no definite answer to this

Re: ABS light
Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:56 PM
One of your ABS sensors is probably bad. Not uncommon for these. Changing the brakes won't throw that code (since the rotor/caliper/etc have nothing to do with wheel speed). Make sure the ABS wires are intact, and that all the connections to the sensors are clean, then clear the code and drive it again. If it comes back, you'll need to check each sensor individually to know which one is bad (with a scantool, or worst case, with a multimeter). Replace the faulty one.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:24 PM
yeah, once i get the car on the hoist, im gonna disconnect my battery first then put it in the air to look.

it is throwing both codes, scanned with hp tuners

Brake] C1225 - LF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation (History)
[Brake] C1226 - RF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation (History)

whats the voltage i would wanna be looking for with the multimeter? sorta screwed for both fronts to be gone, anyway for them to be on the wrong knuckle and cause those codes to be thrown

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:01 AM
The sensors aren't interchangeable L-R, because the electrical connector faces only one way. I'll have to get back to you on what you should have for a reading, but it won't be voltage, it will be in dwell. I've personally never done it that way, since I've always had access to a scan tool. You'll have to have the car on a lift to do it.

Did you get it on the lift yet? It may even be that they're dirty, or just tweaked a bit on the mounting pad. But if they were working fine before the brake swap, they should be working fine now.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:37 PM
nope havent got it on the hoist yet, doing that tomorrow.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search