Tein Basic or Tein SS - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein Basic or Tein SS
Monday, March 31, 2008 2:38 PM
Hey guys I am trying to decide if I should buy Tein Basic or Tein SS. The car is a daily driver but will be doing some autocross and some track days. I am wondering if the basics are too soft. Thanks for the help.

Re: Tein Basic or Tein SS
Monday, March 31, 2008 4:34 PM
the ss offers alot more than the basics. if you can afford the ss setup thats what i would get. they have the pillow ball mounts and are external adjustable damping. basics pretty much can only control height of ride.

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:23 PM
Thanks for the help but I already knew that. I am wondering if anyone has used them on their car that can tell me how they ride.
Monday, March 31, 2008 6:41 PM
I autocross on basics and they are great. they both use the same spring rates and the damping is similar, though not adjustable. the only thing i wish i had was the adjustable camber plates. but i think i found some i can use.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, March 31, 2008 8:21 PM
Thanks OG Nick. I might go with the Tein basics and put the saved money into an Eibach sway bar kit.
Monday, March 31, 2008 9:13 PM
Hey OG Nick I just read a thread about the tein basic rear springs not lowering the rear enough when fully dropped, the guy is saying you need to get 1" or 2" lower springs. Are your tein basics the regular springs that come with kit and do they lower the rear enough?
Monday, March 31, 2008 9:19 PM
i just ordered the tein basics, and got the two inch lower springs from the rear.

if you search, you can find pics with and without the extra springs, but the white cav with em looks so sweet i had to get em

Jay
Monday, March 31, 2008 10:21 PM
I didn't get the shorter springs. I didn't get these to slam them. But yes, a few people have ordered the shorter springs. You can choose between the 1" or the 2", its your choice. You have to buy them seperatly, they are $50.00 for the set of 2. My suggestion is to order the basics and then put them on. then decide if you want to go lower. When I had mine all the way down, i had about an inch between the fender and tire. the front was able to tuck when i put them all the way down. but in my eyes, these go low enough.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:41 AM
OG Nick, Tein Basics will be ordered soon, it sounds like that is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for all the help and your car looks sweet, nice and clean not all riced out!!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:39 PM
i love my basics

swapped, supercharged, intercooled, 2.9, fun
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search