Which are better ? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which are better ?
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:30 AM
Combined with Sportlines, which adjustable struts/shocks are better, in YOUR opinion ... ?

Tokico DSpecs or KYB AGX's ?

Discuss.

Re: Which are better ?
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:38 AM
dspecs

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:45 AM
AGXs shouldn't even be used with the Sportlines, since they exceed the 1.5" limit that KYB recommends (and honors the warranty with).

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:50 AM
yet I see so many ppl with that combination geeky that say its fine and work great ? This is where the confusion comes into play lol

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:51 AM
it may work but they will not warrenty the struts becuase of the drop.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:00 AM
Odds are, they didn't choose AGXs because they thought they were better. The chose them because they're cheaper (and perhaps a bit more readily available).

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:03 AM
Blindz24 wrote:yet I see so many ppl with that combination geeky that say its fine and work great ? This is where the confusion comes into play lol

those people dont know what they are talking about. yes its fine for probably 2-3 months but when they blow (which it will) kyb will not honor their warranty.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:42 AM
I had a set of KYBs on Sportlines... the fronts were blown within 4 months of using them, but my rears are still fine, I still have them on the stock struts.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:40 AM
tokicos are warrantied to 1.5" drop too. IMHO go with D-Specs.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:42 AM
so AGX's are not warrantied, but DSpecs are ? I was under the impression that after 1.5" no brand of struts were warranted, kind of detering in a sense but y'know. The difference (at this point online) I've noticed between the KYB AGX & Tokico DSpec prices is $100, thats hardly a high difference to 'cheap' out in my perspective anyways. The struts I have on the car right now suck, so just looking to see which would be the better bet as they're both adjustable and there only being a $100 difference between the 2 in pricing.
As far as those riding on AGX's its a couple JCO members who say there's no problems at all.

Trump - Do you do a lot of rough driving or go over a ton of bumps or what? Cuz the struts I have didn't blow that quickly and they're worse off than a set of AGX's ....

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:12 PM
Well I live in Pittsburgh and the roads are terrible here, but I don't know what else may have caused them to fail so quickly... Other than an AutoX session that was it... Oh well. I'll probably go with them again, just not with Sportlines. I'm probably going to get the Pro Kit.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:55 PM
Blindz24 wrote:so AGX's are not warrantied, but DSpecs are ? I was under the impression that after 1.5" no brand of struts were warranted, kind of detering in a sense but y'know. The difference (at this point online) I've noticed between the KYB AGX & Tokico DSpec prices is $100, thats hardly a high difference to 'cheap' out in my perspective anyways. The struts I have on the car right now suck, so just looking to see which would be the better bet as they're both adjustable and there only being a $100 difference between the 2 in pricing.
As far as those riding on AGX's its a couple JCO members who say there's no problems at all.

Trump - Do you do a lot of rough driving or go over a ton of bumps or what? Cuz the struts I have didn't blow that quickly and they're worse off than a set of AGX's ....

i believe dspecs have the same warranty as konis do. there is no set limit on the drop as long as you do not abuse the strut (ie riding on coilovers slammed all the way down). as far as price, im not sure where you got your prices from but the dspecs are roughly 550 and the agxs are around 350-375

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:03 PM
Stripped - I'm yet to see those prices other than ebay. Looked on all the sites advertised on this board, as well as the other normal ones and the prices i got were around $559 for AGX's and $659 for DSpecs.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:06 PM
i believe jason at aplus can get them cheaper then 660. thats pretty high

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:22 PM
I have the D-Specs at $519 or $509... PM me for ordering info.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:27 PM
i bought my d-specs from www.shox.com for 519 shipped (had free shipping) but if jason can do 509 + some shipping, id buy off him to support a J-body supporter

(jason you should have told me you can get em for that cheap lol)

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:54 AM
I don't understand why anyone would have a warranty issue with any struts. I've never seen the inside of an AGX, but if its anything like a typical strut, there really isn't a way to tell if its been used on a lowered application or not. If it winds up failing, why tell whoever is doing the warranty return that it was used on a lowered car? I've replaced several KYB struts and shocks, and never once even been asked if it was used on a lowered car, but if they had asked me, I would say no. I doubt the supplier is going to open it up and check for wear patterns to find out the travel anyways. They'll just ship it to KYB and get a new one to replace the one they just sent you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search