D-Spec Adjustment Issue - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
D-Spec Adjustment Issue
Monday, March 24, 2008 6:33 PM
I recently put on Tokico D-Specs and Tein springs. I adjusted them 5 turns from soft and drove for about 500 miles. Today I went to adjust them a little firmer and one of the rear ones will only turn about one turn in either direction. Is this an issue, any way to fix it?

Re: D-Spec Adjustment Issue
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:29 AM
you can actually fit your adjustment key in the back? mine wont fit gotta take em out to adjust em since i dont have a similar size allen...

about the adjustment, unknown. call tokico and see if its a common problem maybe.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:21 AM
Neither of the problems mentioned is normal. While the adjustment can be a bit sluggish in cold weather or if left for a long time, I've never had it become "stuck". Since you're in a fix anyways, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a good bit of turning force to try and free up the adjuster screw.

Also, the adjustment key has never given me problems with the rear struts. I tend to scrape my knuckles a bit if I'm in a hurry, but the equipment never lets me down. There's just no excuse for the key hole to be a different size -- I'd be complaining about that.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:39 AM
Geeky wrote:Neither of the problems mentioned is normal. While the adjustment can be a bit sluggish in cold weather or if left for a long time, I've never had it become "stuck". Since you're in a fix anyways, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a good bit of turning force to try and free up the adjuster screw.

Also, the adjustment key has never given me problems with the rear struts. I tend to scrape my knuckles a bit if I'm in a hurry, but the equipment never lets me down. There's just no excuse for the key hole to be a different size -- I'd be complaining about that.

by not fitting i mean its too tall to get into the top of the strut while the strut is in the car. not enough room in the trunk where the mount is at to do it. i got the HT motor sports mounts so the top of the piston rod is higher up through the mount than with stock mounts; thats why i cant fit the key in there.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:09 PM
I played with the adjuster while having the car jacked up and it came loose after a while and its working ok. It has some stiff spots, but then free's back up. I did break the Tokico tool though... the allen peice poped out of the handle. Good ol' JB weld fixed that though.

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:20 PM
EcoCav (DesertTuners) wrote:I played with the adjuster while having the car jacked up and it came loose after a while and its working ok. It has some stiff spots, but then free's back up. I did break the Tokico tool though... the allen peice poped out of the handle. Good ol' JB weld fixed that though.

Thanks for the help.
\

remember to put the caps on them so no dirt gets in them

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search