AGX Question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AGX Question
Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:03 AM
Put the driver's side suspension back together today after a wreck a few weeks ago, and noticed that on my new AGX I could get the threads down from the top nut than the passenger side. With that said, the spring is rigid, and wont move without weight on it. The other side (and old strut) had only 1-2 inches of threads vs 3+ on the driver's new. I believe its related to the strut mount, where the metal cap goes onto the dustcap/bumpstop piece. The new mounts I bought had these washers that wouldnt mount flush inside, while the new top cap has the washer built inside. This is making me wonder if that's what's affecting my thread count difference, and why I can rotate the spring from the Passenger side with no weight on it (Eibach Prokit springs). I guess any photos of the struts at the tower would help with said combination would do me the trick though.

Re: AGX Question
Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:48 PM
Bah, nevermind, good thing I pulled the strut anyway, bearings just fell out all over.. Sad since those struts are less than 20k miles too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search