quick question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question
Sunday, March 09, 2008 7:57 AM
hey guys, my tociko d-specs and sportlines are in the mail, but i have a question. even though my cav is a 2005, i need new strut mounts right? and if i do, i can get replacement ones at auto stores like orielly, correct?

Re: quick question
Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:18 AM
you don't "need" new strut mounts, if yours are still good you can reuse them. I'd recommend changing them anyway, casue your going to need an alignment after swapping it all, if you pul it all back out in year to replace mounts your gonna need an alignment again. You can get replacements from any auto parts stores.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:55 AM
Are they making a lot of noise or something? I know that there was a bulletin out for the 2004 Cavalier front strut mounts making noise. If they aren't making noise or going bad on you then I would think you could reuse them. And ditto to what Darkstars said, you're going to need an alignment.

Sam
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:36 PM
ok, i will check the struts for wear, and i know a place to get it aligned. but is it diffcult to replace the struts/springs overall for somebody on a beginner level of installing things? should i have someone help me?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:54 PM
You may need a strut compressor or at the very least a friend to assist. But, overall, it's not toooooooo hard. I have a slightly biased opinion though, I work at a dealership, so I have whatever I need at my disposal. good luck!

Sam
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search