Can someone Measure a front strut mount. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can someone Measure a front strut mount.
Monday, March 10, 2008 3:14 PM
If anyone has a front upper strut mount laying around, could you measure the diameter of the mount?

And if anyone has a picture of one, or can tell me if there a perfect circle that would be great...

Thanks..

Re: Can someone Measure a front strut mount.
Monday, March 10, 2008 4:22 PM
I have a pic of the bottom of a 95 spec mount. I'm not at home until Friday, I can measure up one of them then unless someone beats me to it. They're out of the car now, so I can get some better pics too. It is round except for the little flat spot you can see on the inside edge.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:14 PM
Cool thanks for the pic, that give's me a pretty good idea on the shape.

I still need the diameter from the top, where the nuts go, at the widest point of the mount.

I'm thinking its somewhere around 6 1/2", but I can't see it or measure it with them in the car. I dont want to pull one out and mess up my alignment, yet.

Anyone else, have any laying around?

Friday, March 14, 2008 4:35 PM
Sorry I didn't get to it man. I got called down to Atlanta for the week. I'm going to be digging it out tomorrow for you.

Friday, March 14, 2008 5:22 PM
Sounds good buddy, I still need it.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:12 PM
As promised-

Bottom

3/4 (the cup is cut off the steel piece because it was used for GC coil-overs)

Overall diameter is 6 3/4". The bolts are on a 2 9/16" bolt circle. Assuming the single bolt (not the studs) is 0*, the studs are at 126* and 234* counterclockwise. The notch is 1/4" at its widest point, directly across from the bolt. Hope that helps.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 1:47 PM
LOL thanks that helps a TON, that is exactly what I needed, the only problem is.. now I have to be a math genius to figure out your very detailed measurements.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search