Eibach Pro Damper or KYB AGX - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eibach Pro Damper or KYB AGX
Friday, March 07, 2008 7:55 AM
Alright guys im stuck, I was planning on buying the KYB AGX with Eibach pro kit springs. I already have the springs so now im just waiting on some cash to buy my shocks. Ive heard the KYB's and the pro kit work really well together so i was gonna do that plus the shocks are adjustable which I really like. Problem is I saw the pro damper and the price is definetly right 330 for a set of 4 is in my range. I can get the AGX's off ebay for about 380 shipped but id rather go to my local performance guy and buy them but thats like 600 which is more than i want to spend at the moment. Does anybody know how well the pro dampers work compared to the agx's. I know theyll work good with my springs since thats what eibach recomends. I plan to autocross my car plus the spirited drive every now and then.

Re: Eibach Pro Damper or KYB AGX
Friday, March 07, 2008 8:02 AM
your stuck with the agxs since the pro damper isnt availible yet.

Friday, March 07, 2008 9:56 AM
Go through advance auto parts and get them. I got mine through them back in 05 for $120/each. Lifetime warranty too. They have the part numbers in their system but will have to second source them through keystone. I had a rear blow on me prematurely and had a replacement in 2 days. Its a beautiful thing.

Friday, March 07, 2008 10:07 AM
Cody@RDFABS wrote:Go through advance auto parts and get them. I got mine through them back in 05 for $120/each. Lifetime warranty too. They have the part numbers in their system but will have to second source them through keystone. I had a rear blow on me prematurely and had a replacement in 2 days. Its a beautiful thing.

you sure its the pro damper kit because eibach even said they wont be released til about may of this year

Friday, March 07, 2008 8:40 PM
He was talking about the kyb's.
Friday, March 07, 2008 10:05 PM
yea i would bet the pro dampers aint going to be released. i called about them for months, first it was end of jan, then beginning of march, not mid april. now if its mid may. i aint waitin that long to give them my money; ill get something available now and cost around the same. gettin sick of waitin for @!#$, lol

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Saturday, March 08, 2008 5:56 AM
Yea im prolly gonna get the agx's since 380 is a killer deal
Saturday, March 08, 2008 11:51 AM
Cody@RDFABS wrote:Go through advance auto parts and get them. I got mine through them back in 05 for $120/each. Lifetime warranty too. They have the part numbers in their system but will have to second source them through keystone. I had a rear blow on me prematurely and had a replacement in 2 days. Its a beautiful thing.
Can I get a copy of that please. I would love to get the rears able to be adjusted.

Saturday, March 08, 2008 2:18 PM
Huh? Its the KYB AGXs... they've always been adjustable...

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:01 AM
^Not when they are rusted on 5!

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:51 AM
Wow. You didn't think of spraying it with a bit of rust-proofing agent a.k.a. WD-40?

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:08 PM
firemachine69 wrote:Wow. You didn't think of spraying it with a bit of rust-proofing agent a.k.a. WD-40?
Yea I guess I must of missed doing that... No I bought the car from someone in MI where they know how to use salt on the roads and it is very very tightly rusted. I put some brake free in there and let it set for hours and resprayed it and tried a little later with no luck. BTW do you really think after being on this site for now what is 7 years I wouldn't know how to do anything? Cause I'm sure I've pulled 5-6 engines, 4-5 transmissions, did 3 Engine swaps, 3 Cam swaps, and gods know how many other things. I guess all the 3 years working at dealerships I didn't learn anything... better start reading up on things now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search