Strut Mounts - What do you recommend? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Strut Mounts - What do you recommend?
Monday, March 10, 2008 10:34 AM
My D-SPECS and are on the way, and I'm looking at new strut mounts. What have people been running? My stockers have 130K on them, and I think it's time for replacement. Know of any good places to get a decent set that isn't outrageous?

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: Strut Mounts - What do you recommend?
Monday, March 10, 2008 11:23 AM
i got monroe's all the way around for my car. definitely are good to have but im afraid the rear's will pry still go out eventually. you still need to drill the rears for konis, im not sure if thats needed for d-specs or not....but i know they need drilled for the yellows just as stockers would.

i believe i paid $120 for all 4.

Wanting a nice set of black 17's with mint tires? Pm me.
Monday, March 10, 2008 11:42 AM
Monroe or even GM OEM Parts weren't really that expensive last time I bought some.

Nothing beats Factory OEM.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Monday, March 10, 2008 11:52 AM
anything works for the front but if you are gonna have to drill out anything or just dont ever have to change the rears get the ht motorsports search the name. i was going through the stock style every month it was pissing me off until i got the ht motor sports best upgrade ever..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, March 10, 2008 1:52 PM
i understand the need for the solid rear mounts but dont see how you could blow a set every month, i rode on my new monroe's all last summer without issue one.

Wanting a nice set of black 17's with mint tires? Pm me.
Monday, March 10, 2008 4:08 PM
Monday, March 10, 2008 5:21 PM
Eibach Pro-Kit with Tokico D-Spec struts.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, March 10, 2008 5:42 PM
95-99 front mounts from the dealer.

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:29 PM
do you have to drill out for that kit because i have koni and you need to drill out wich tends to melt the coating which is all the support to the mount so it was not lasting very long

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:45 PM
Has anyone had luck getting any rear's from HT Motorsports? Last I heard they weren't interested anymore. And the fronts..looking at auto parts websites, its a mess. There is a first design, second design, with bearings, without bearings, spring seat, and a bajillion other ones. What am I actually looking for?

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, March 10, 2008 7:41 PM
Luke Heier wrote:Has anyone had luck getting any rear's from HT Motorsports? Last I heard they weren't interested anymore. And the fronts..looking at auto parts websites, its a mess. There is a first design, second design, with bearings, without bearings, spring seat, and a bajillion other ones. What am I actually looking for?

You can email him, and he has really good prices for the rear. I think they were 90 dollars for both.
But as for the fronts, i guess you are SOL for the solid ones, they never made any.

I need new strut mounts really bad, it is popping so bad that i can feel it through the steering wheel.

I'm back from the dead.
Currently Driving: RSX Type-S.
My Cavalier Burnt up :-(

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:46 AM
i have HT motorsports rear mounts, i have yet to install them so i dont know how good they are yet. but instead of emailing, call them. you will get a much faster response. they make the rears for OEM style struts and coilovers and make the fronts for only coilovers.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:21 PM
I have KYBs on my front.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:15 PM
My AGX's are on there way, I plan just getting new stockers. or using the old ones

Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:28 PM
the oem GM parts are kinda pricey but you can get acdelco oem replacements (same @!#$ basically) for less money, i run them and i have had good luck conisidering the abuse i put my suspension through
Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:45 AM
not to theread jack but im putting on a kyb agx's and eibach pro kit springs. my car has 117,000 miles on it so should i replace the strut mounts or just skip it cuz they are little pricey and if i dont need to spend the money i dont want to have to
Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:57 AM
Better to replace them now and save future headache

If you have to change the fronts if they fail youll need another alignment plus the time to change them.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:34 PM
95-99 oem ones i would think are the best.. IF i ever get around to it, i would like to swap some 95-99 ones on my 02 cav, as them make noise, even after they been replaced.

talk to chris(tatesh- spelling). he maybe can get you a deal as he works at a gm parts counter.

OR KYBs.

www.rockauto.com try too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search