coilovers - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: coilovers
Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:08 PM
No way, they don't even say what brand they are. I wouldn't waste money on them.

But come to Kalamazoo, & I'll show you a REAL $2,000 suspension...

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
In a word.... no

They are ebay specials, best to steer clear

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Damn you beat me to it

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:14 PM
damn dude your a @!#$ moron

sorry but how hard it is to READ THE GOD DAMN STICKY

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:23 PM
listen dude, you dont know me, you have no reason to call me a moron, and if u must know, they are not for me, they are for my brother in law, i told him i wouldnt go with them, but he said i didnt know what im talking about, im waiting for bags. so before you get up calli people morons, maybe the sticky should be grouped better i dont wanna read through twenty pages of @!#$ just to get a 5 word answer to a question, and kevin, i live in kalamazoo.
Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:26 PM
i came to the barbeque at markin glen park, 2 summers ago, i was in the black second gen on bags
Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:42 PM
Dan bolen wrote:i came to the barbeque at markin glen park, 2 summers ago, i was in the black second gen on bags

Hmm, in '06? I'll have to dig through more of my pics, didn't see you. I believe you though.

You coming this year?

& let me know if you need help installing your bags after you get them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:45 PM

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:50 PM
yeah i came, i came because James, rollin19's invited me from v6z24, unfortunately, no pics of my car, or my cousins 89 or my buddies 90 got their pictures taken, yeah i will be needing help, ive never did bags, my cousin did them on my 93.
Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:01 PM
it was black and green at the time, best 2 pics i can find of my old car
null

null
Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:03 PM
Yeah, well you can look at mine (see how things are installed/lines ran) & I'm sure Chewy & I can lend you a hand when the time comes.

So are you coming this year???

Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:05 PM
eah i plan on being there as long as my random work schedule permits
Sunday, March 09, 2008 8:18 AM
Your right your not a moron... my bad. I just assumed everyone was capable of reading the first post of the FAQ's.... would you prefer "special?"

1st post of the FAQ wrote:Cheap products I tend to view as this: “if this was underwear, would you want it housing family jewels?” you normally don’t put cheap stuff for protection. Cause in essence, your suspension can and will be part of the equation of keeping you safe on the road or having your car, body, and hopefully not…other passengers from being harmed, if there ever comes a time when you need to brake hard, swerve, or use some other evasive driving moves in an emergency.

*** Don’t be one of the ones, I don’t have enough money. Instead of giving the BS I’m poor story, do realize its not gonna hurt you to save up for a part you need. Everyone here is not a millionaire. If need be get a job, get two, or simply save up. There are people here with a house, 2 kids and working minimum wage and can save up. If saving up is a problem for you, then its time to start growing up. All the people who don’t wannt spend that much money, but have their car loaded with audio equipment, get real. Quality costs, and you get what you pay for. No bullsh*t. no excuses***

Coilovers: Coilovers usually always came in Linear spring rates. But they now come in progressive. But these are usually higher priced coilovers. AKA not on EBAY. Coilovers are GREAT for adjusting as that is their main advantage. You can change the spring rate as well as the spring length, the height at which the car sits and if you are critical in all sides being even you can adjust these to the nearest micrometer if you have the patience. These are especially good in racing and in shows where height may need to be adjusted low for stability, or to wow the crowd and judges, but it allows you to leave the track or show at the height you came in with if it was higher. VERY versatile. Downside, more expensive, and there are so many cheap knock offs that come without essential parts for the car. These are the kits that are made for other cars, but can be adapted, so they change the part numbers, most put them on ebay, and they are usually less that 200$…but take a moment and think. A quality set of springs are around 200$ ...so then why are coilovers, with more parts....less than a decent set of springs. If you cant conduce an answer from that, sit down, drink some milk, and have a nap, cause you are really muffed up!

READ info on coilovers to find out whats DECENT and whats CRAP:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041105143649/www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=49870&t=40664

READ additional info on lowering at all, especially on coilovers and rksport full coilovers listed:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040506084207/http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=46968&t=43234

I would higly advise that you def read the first and second post in full. It will save you headaches in the long run and you wont screw up your ride by being cheap or simply not knowing.

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:42 AM
lol seriously did you even look at the faqs because everything is on the first page. hell like ryan said, everything is in the first post

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search