What is needed to convert 01cav to 98 and below Strut mounts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is needed to convert 01cav to 98 and below Strut mounts
Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:06 PM
what is needed to convert my 01 Cavalier to use 95-98 Strut mounts? I am using tokico D-spec struts.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: What is needed to convert 01cav to 98 and below Strut mounts
Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:14 PM
98 and below strut mounts. simple as that.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:15 PM
Alright thanks.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, March 07, 2008 3:45 AM
yup its just as simple as buying the other mounts.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:50 AM
hmm, I must've goofed on this somewhere ...

I ordered a set of Monroe 904912 mounts for installation with a set of new GR-2's on our 01 Cav (bone stock suspension, standard ride height).

But when I looked at where the spring was supposed to contact the mount, the spring diameter was larger than the bearing and would have just rested against the mount itself which would not have worked. The factory mount had an upper spring mount that is what actually turned on the bearing. Does that factory spring mount transfer to the 904912 mount?

I went ahead and ordered a set of 904919 mounts for a 98+ Cav - price was actually about the same as the earlier year mounts at Rockauto, but I'm wondering what I missed on this. Maybe to better explain I will take some pics when I do the install after the new mounts get here. I did like those separate (replaceable bearings) on the earlier year mounts though.

The worst part was having to put the old strut and mount back together again - both are completely shot, but I needed the car back on the road.

Sorry if my question/explanation was confusing, hard to explain over the internet, hopefully pics will help.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:28 AM
if you look at urbanworx.com, under gravana B&G coilovers, it say "However, we recommend that you install 1995-1998 factory upper front strut mounts for maximum performance and reliability." is this true? for i am thinking of buying B&G coilovers for my j.

instagram: peru_stylez

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:39 AM
weird all have to do this we had coilovers that were originally one a 2001 show cav,went to a 04 show/driver cav, and now sits on a 97 driver cav. never once changed the mounts top or bottom front or rear and we were fine.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:56 PM
word, i would upgrade to OEM's but moneys tight right now, enough for new 95-98 factory mounts though, never had a strut mount issue on my 04 cav with teins s techs, plus I mostly daily drive, planning on a 3 inch drop with b&g

instagram: peru_stylez

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search