drop zone suspenssion good or bad - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
drop zone suspenssion good or bad
Monday, March 03, 2008 7:46 AM
I want to know if the drop zone (shock and spring) are a good suspenssion. One of my friend said it's a good suspenssion -performance/price- but I'm not sure.

thanks

Re: drop zone suspenssion good or bad
Monday, March 03, 2008 8:09 AM
bad. stay away.

Monday, March 03, 2008 8:11 AM
If you tried to get a performance/price figure for Drop Zone, you would cause a divide by zero error.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, March 03, 2008 8:14 AM
^^ Sorry, that didn't make nearly as much sense as it was supposed to. Stupid Mondays.

It's still bad though.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:42 AM
they suck. do your research on here about them

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:19 AM
whats so bad about them?
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:21 AM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:they suck. do your research on here about them

they suck. they are too high of a spring rate and they are generic pos coils. the people that usually buy them are the cheap people who put them on stock struts. like i said search on here and base your opinion for yourself

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:41 AM
search what? is there someone on here that has installed and driven on these? what about the whole shock/strut/spring combo? i'm inclined to think that some people will say its junk just because it dosent say tokico or eibach on the side. lets talk to someone that has run the setup and see what they say.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:44 AM
there are reviews on it, @!#$ search

For The Lazy & Spoon Fed People

just because people havent used them doesnt mean we dont know what the hell we are talking about. you want to put them on? go right ahead but stay away from me on the road with that pos suspension. using their struts or not, it doesnt matter. their struts are oem struts, they wont handle that kind of spring rate.

**edit**

theres threads and threads about how much these suck, search the forum and you'll learn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:45 AM

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:56 AM
whoa. little on edge today? okay fine. just thought i could start an educated debate about pros and cons with the product but it seems youre the only one watching this thread so i'll let it go. thanx anyway.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:52 PM
i understand your point but theres no need for a debate on it. its been discussed over and over again but yet people still dont get it and refuse to believe something because someone didnt have it on their car so their opinion doesnt matter. like i said search dropzone and read for yourself

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 1:30 PM
i understand what your sayin too, theres just no need to go up in arms about it. i'm fairly new to this site so i'm sure i've missed tons of stuff thats already been discussed. we're all here cause we drive j bods. nobody's gonna find an enemy with me, jus someone who cant stop askin questions. what are we here for if not to learn new things?
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 1:52 PM
i understand your new but its just very frustrating for people who do not want to search. its pretty simple. if you just type in dropzone in the search feature, you'll find a ton of info on these. its always best to do your researching first before asking the questions because theres a 99% chance that its already been answered and covered, all you need to do is look for it. theres alot of reasons why dropzone isnt good. its all covered in different threads through out the years. ive seen threads where people posted about them because it caused them to wreck and total their car because of the spring rates on stock struts.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 2:43 PM
think of them as a one size fits all. they arn't designed for the car they are a one size fits all car type of design. imagine wearing clothes that were made to fit everyone, they'd have to be pretty big to fit all the big people. so now your in a foot race going down the street when your one size fits all pants starts heading for the ground tripping your feet up.

there thats my good dead for the day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 06, 2008 5:47 PM
sndsgood wrote:think of them as a one size fits all. they arn't designed for the car they are a one size fits all car type of design. imagine wearing clothes that were made to fit everyone, they'd have to be pretty big to fit all the big people. so now your in a foot race going down the street when your one size fits all pants starts heading for the ground tripping your feet up.

there thats my good dead for the day.

Nice visual.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:58 AM
I find it sad that many people won't even realize when they're riding on blown struts.

To me it's like a goddam pogostick ride. Eww.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:56 PM
Point well proven! thank you!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:11 AM
Junk...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search