koni question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
koni question
Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:36 AM
i have been ridin on kyb gr2 struts with sportlines and just before winter i blew both rear struts. i bought a pair of yellow for the rear but when they came i was kinda shocked to find that they did not come with spring perches and the instructions were very vague. i beat the perch off the kybs but the kyb strut has a larger diameter than the yellow and turned out to be too big. i dont still have my oem struts due to a bad decision i made when i first lowered the car with an ebay kit. now what the hell do i do?

Re: koni question
Saturday, March 01, 2008 4:15 PM
i had a similar situation. you need to get ahold of some stock rear struts or locate somebody with some blown ones willing to sell you the perches.

Wanting a nice set of black 17's with mint tires? Pm me.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008 3:28 PM
will i have to do the same thing when i get the front or do they come with perches already on them?

Thursday, March 06, 2008 3:41 AM
the fronts you need to cut up your stock front strut so you can use the knuckle. the koni fronts still only come as an insert

Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:04 AM
so yes, to answer your question you will need to find a set of stock front struts as well.

i would'nt be trying to hack up a strut like the KYB's, the yellow may not even work with it so don't even bother.

Wanting a nice set of black 17's with mint tires? Pm me.
Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:09 AM
^^ yea dependin on the diameter of the kyb strut it may not work. i know they are made to work with stock struts.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:32 AM
question? the gr-2 says it will do just 16 inch rims, and i have 17 inch rims

and i found a kit for under $300,. would that have everything for front and rear, minus the springs??
Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:35 AM
yes its fine. the kit comes with just the struts, thats it

Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:20 PM
i didnt see a diff kit for the front?? where could i find one?
Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:41 PM
im not sure what your talking about. what kit for what?

Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:03 PM
nevermind, lol, sorry i was just looking at a rear kit, and didnt see the front kit

ill prolly just get all 4, front and rear from turbotech, it would be like $330 shipped. then with a pro kit for like around $200

how hard of a job is it to install front & rear shocks & struts??

Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:09 PM
dont get gr2s if your lowering your car. they are oem replacements.

installing it is simple.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:58 PM
well, the pro kit works with gr-2, right?? and it would be lower than what it is now, or no??
im not wanting to do any dramatic lowering, it just sits a little high now that i have the new 17'2 on
Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:42 PM
sounds like alot of work to do the front struts. does anyone know if the pro dampers will come with perches or not? might just wait til they finally get released

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:45 PM
Pro-kit works with any struts... that's not the point. GR-2's are a stock replacement. They are meant to be used with stock springs, not lowering ones.

Wasting your money buying GR-2's to use with lowering springs... is just that... wasting your money. Save up for proper struts MEANT for a lowering application.

If you want to throw money away... you can Paypal some my way

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:26 PM
actually if you look a little closer you will notice that i am gettin rid of my gr2s. wasnt askin about the pro kit. was askin bout the eibach pro DAMPER. very well aware that i am askin for trouble runnin gr2 struts. i have a blown set of them on my cav right now. would like to replace with koni yellow but havin a spring perch issue (refer to the initial question). i would be interested in waitin for the pro damper if they will come with perches on them. was also wonderin about the spec d struts. do they come with perches?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search