What part number for energy suspension endlinks do I need? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What part number for energy suspension endlinks do I need?
Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:48 AM
What part number for the energy suspension endlinks do I need for my cavalier? i would like to upgrade them on my car to a nice new poly endlink since I am upgrading from the 18MM to the 22MM front sway bar. I am also planning on the Addco rear sway bar and going with the vibrant rear strut tower brace for the cav. I have a Z24 convertible front brace on my car already. I am just seeing what I need for the front, or if you could just give me the length I need for it. I asked auto zone and the told me I needed the 2 3/8" endlink kit. there is no way that woulld work it's twice the lenght of the stock one.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: What part number for energy suspension endlinks do I need?
Saturday, March 01, 2008 3:05 PM
search and you find.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 01, 2008 3:05 PM

Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:19 PM
Thanks for the info but you dont have to be as arrogant about the search I have been looking along with also trying to find out information that I found finally today after 3 days of searching for urethane d-bushings for the stock 22MM sway bar. None the less thank you for the info. Just say it though and not be cocky about it.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, March 02, 2008 6:12 AM
seems i've searched numerous times for your posts. i thought you would get the hint. i even posted the part numbers up last time when i upgraded mine because it was mentioned everywhere but no specific part numbers. as you can see my bolts and bushings were in need badly. i recommend doin it when your car is cooled off. my dumbass did it right after i got back from autozone and my rotors where a bit hot.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:40 AM
s1lver_N1p wrote:seems i've searched numerous times for your posts. i thought you would get the hint. i even posted the part numbers up last time when i upgraded mine because it was mentioned everywhere but no specific part numbers. as you can see my bolts and bushings were in need badly. i recommend doin it when your car is cooled off. my dumbass did it right after i got back from autozone and my rotors where a bit hot.

I changed my bushings from a set of poly endlinks my father had sitting around for a 69-72 malibu/elcamino. My endlink bolts look just about like yours but they will suffice for right now. I will wait a couple weeks and just buy the new energy suspension end links that you listed. Now what is the difference between the ones you posted and the ones that the other member posted with the red sedan? I guess his are a lil bit shorter? Does it actually help any with a slightly longer endlink to change where the sway bar sits at.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:15 PM
The01Cav wrote:
s1lver_N1p wrote:seems i've searched numerous times for your posts. i thought you would get the hint. i even posted the part numbers up last time when i upgraded mine because it was mentioned everywhere but no specific part numbers. as you can see my bolts and bushings were in need badly. i recommend doin it when your car is cooled off. my dumbass did it right after i got back from autozone and my rotors where a bit hot.

I changed my bushings from a set of poly endlinks my father had sitting around for a 69-72 malibu/elcamino. My endlink bolts look just about like yours but they will suffice for right now. I will wait a couple weeks and just buy the new energy suspension end links that you listed. Now what is the difference between the ones you posted and the ones that the other member posted with the red sedan? I guess his are a lil bit shorter? Does it actually help any with a slightly longer endlink to change where the sway bar sits at.

my are the same size as stock. he bought the same ones as well just a diff part number from summit.

Saturday, March 08, 2008 8:34 PM
4doors5gears wrote:Note: The spacing between the bushings is 3/4". I bought 9.8120 and it should be 9.8122 from Summit. I have to cut the sleeves

Just an FYI.

So is it 9.8120R or 9.8122R??

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Sunday, March 09, 2008 12:49 AM
Kevin Richter wrote:
4doors5gears wrote:Note: The spacing between the bushings is 3/4". I bought 9.8120 and it should be 9.8122 from Summit. I have to cut the sleeves

Just an FYI.

So is it 9.8120R or 9.8122R??

its 9.8120R from autozone. someone else posted the 9.8122R from summit, not certain on that one.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 12:05 PM
TRW makes polyurethane sway bar end links for the 95-05 j-bodies, and they're cheap too. I work at Advance Auto, and I sell them all the time. I just picked up a set for my Sunflower, since I'm installing the polyurethane bushings and strut tower bars this week. They're true polyurethane and come with grade 8 hardened bolts.

Part number 18230HD

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search