front end noise and vibration - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
front end noise and vibration
Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:38 PM
i have a 04 cavalier and everythimg e you turn the wheel to the right it gets this bad vibratin and like a grinding sound. I was wondering if this could be the wheel barrings or a bad alignment . i had it done back in november the car aligned. i want to get it fixedi drive it everyday.

Re: front end noise and vibration
Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:50 PM
could be a wheel bearing, how many miles does your car have.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:24 PM
oh sorry my car only has 57000 on it i was thinking that but thuoght maybe something else..
Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:21 PM
while rolling or sitting still? i would pull the front wheels off and remove the brake caliper and make sure the pads are not worn weird or have made any metal to metal contact to the rotor and make sure the caliper slides are cleaned and re-greased and while i was at i would knock the glaze off the pads and clean the holder and add a little grease to the holder. just to coat the contact points of the holder to prevent rust. as well as pulling the rotor so you can inspect both sides for cracks. and while the car is up in the air not running with all the brake stuff on turn the wheel lock to lock to make sure that it is not the strut bearings. in the end if you don't find it it maybe the column bearings

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search