Feedback on KYB AGX - Advice Needed - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feedback on KYB AGX - Advice Needed
Monday, February 25, 2008 10:55 AM
Here's the scoop. I've currently got the Eibach Pro-Kit and need to replace my stock struts. I'm looking at the AGX's mainly because of cost. They seem to be the most reasonable deal for struts. But what has most people's experience been with them? Any problems I should be aware of? Any other options you would recommend? I was considering going with Sportlines, but I'm aware the AGX's aren't good for that low of a drop. What would you recommend for a Sportline setup?

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: Feedback on KYB AGX - Advice Needed
Monday, February 25, 2008 11:06 AM
I love my prokit KYB AGX combo but if you want springs to handle a lower drop you would need Tokico dspecs or Koni yellows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 25, 2008 11:15 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:11 AM
I been on my Prokit and AGXs for years now. VERY happy with them.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, February 25, 2008 11:19 AM
I have KYB's with Sportlines, and really like the feel. They run a little stiffer then the Tokico ones, but only think I don't like the KYB's is the rears are not able to be adjusted anymore due to rusted in the number 5 spot on the rear.

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:40 PM
i ran the pro kit on stock struts for years on my green cav, then i switched over to KYB gr2'S and liked it.

Same on the red one, prokit/ gr2's just on the back( blown at stock height with 20k miles ).

I say agx/ prokit would be a nice combo.

Monday, February 25, 2008 4:01 PM
Come on Luke, what about the Eibach Struts? They are supposed to be out now, and were MSRP'ing cheaper than the AGXs.

Anyone ever come out saying that they have the Eibach struts ready to ship yet?

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:13 PM
I've given up on Eibach. I've called them every single month since November. First it was December they would be out, then January, then February, then March. Just got off the phone with them and now they say April or May. I'm not waiting that long. @!#$ 'em. If they can't stick with the release dates they are giving their customer's, they aren't getting my business.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, February 25, 2008 5:27 PM
Disregard my post then.

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:38 PM
Sorry I came off so pissy. Don't get me wrong, I was pumped to try out Eibach's struts. I have nothing against them. But I just lost confidence in them because they kept telling me a later date. I simply don't have time to play games. I'll try out KYB and see how that works out.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, February 25, 2008 6:17 PM
well you know the old saying "you get what you pay for."

If you get sportlines I wouldn't use AGX's

This seems like a strange question of you to ask. you usually seem confident in your choices. and rarely question such trivial issues.

Monday, February 25, 2008 6:39 PM
Nah no worries or pissyness taken. I've built enough cars with a deadline to know that playing the waiting game isn't an option.

Monday, February 25, 2008 6:42 PM
Maken Waves wrote:well you know the old saying "you get what you pay for."

This seems like a strange question of you to ask. you usually seem confident in your choices. and rarely question such trivial issues.

Well I'm not an expert at suspension components and I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here regarding suspension. I just want to know what has worked best for everyone. Wouldn't say it's very trivial at all....

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:49 AM
I have AGX struts in the rear of my car, using them with sprint lower springs for 40K now. Still work like new with no leaks. If you got the money get yellows though.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:57 AM
If you got the money get Bilstein sport!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:02 AM
Yeah...I'm not made of money...

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:41 PM
I have been using Sportlines and AGX's for about 2 years now with no problems. I have the AGX's set at 2of4 on the front and 4of8 on there rear. Ride is stiff but still comfy.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:22 PM
Maken Waves wrote:well you know the old saying "you get what you pay for."

I have Sportlines and AGX's for over two years on my Daily and no problems yet. The rear is stuck on 5 but no need to change it. I have the front set on 1 for winter and 2-3 on summer days if I want to really play. Sway bars really have helped get me in and out of places.

Maken Waves wrote:If you got the money get Bilstein sport!
Have you ever road with this setup, cause it was way to costly and was crapy as hell. Wonder why they don't sell that many more.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:14 AM
sportlines= 1.8 F & 2.3 R

AGX warrantied to 1.5"

stock replacement monroe,kyb,etc...etc...= I've heard can take a 1.2"

so if you want to get a nice set of monroe. you probably wouldn't even notice the differance and save some money.

if you want adjustable then go with AGX.

If I was you I would research how a strut/shock works. Also how a strut/shock is made. and find what certain technology you are paying for.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:51 AM
?!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, February 29, 2008 10:26 AM
Well, after reading a bunch of posts, I think I am going to go with Tokico D-SPECS. They are only $100 more than the AGX's, and they will also work with Sportlines if I choose to change to those sometime down the road. Any thoughts?

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, February 29, 2008 9:48 PM
Luke Heier wrote:I've given up on Eibach. I've called them every single month since November. First it was December they would be out, then January, then February, then March. Just got off the phone with them and now they say April or May. I'm not waiting that long. @!#$ 'em. If they can't stick with the release dates they are giving their customer's, they aren't getting my business.

ha you and me both man. im sick of them jerkin me around. im probably going with AGXs since they are cheaper than the D-specs (where ive looked anyway)

where would a good place be to get them?

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]

Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:00 AM
D-specs I believe $503 shipped on eBay, would definatley be the wisest choice you could make while maintaining a budget.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:06 PM
I've been running the AGX and Sportline combo since 2004. Installed em 3 days after I bought my car.
Little on the stiff side, but I love em. I also have the Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. I had a custom 6 point roll cage in the car as well. Took the cage out due to some stereo installation that I'm currently doing. I would definately reccomend this combo.
Everyone always looks at the numbers on paper. True KYB won't warranty anything lower than 1.5". I personally haven't had any issues with the setup. I'm pondering going to an air ride setup in the future, only because I want to go lower, and it's the "cool" factor.

---Joey---
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search