Bose state of the art suspension. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bose state of the art suspension.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:50 PM

Re: Bose state of the art suspension.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:53 PM
eh, give us a better fuel source that is widely available first

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:31 AM
Nifty, though I wonder what sort of electrical demands such a system would create. Enough of us are running high-output alternators so that we can push big subwoofers -- imagine how much power you would need if those drivers are supposed to be physically manipulating the suspension of your car? They say that it uses a regenerative system to get power back out of the compression of the suspension, but somehow I doubt we're looking at a perpetual motion device here.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:01 AM
it's purdy.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:27 AM
how much weight is that beast going to add?

1997 Cavalier Z24 - 16.3 in 1320 and falling...
Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:33 AM
This is quite old. I saw the video of the car actually jumping over a speed bump without the body moving.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:20 AM
That's crazy. I can see tons of benefits, but it does look like it will add a bunch of weight.
Of course, with a luxury car (that they'll start being available on), weight is not usually a huge consideration, and more weight actually translated into a smoother ride.
I like the idea of it counteracting forces from acceleration, braking, etc...Definitely watching this one.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:07 PM
let's setup a group purchase

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:51 PM
neat and all... but most j-body owners are too cheap to buy a decent suspension setup as it is...

Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:48 PM
Quote:

I can just about imagine what the price tage would be on something like that

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:39 PM
Maken Waves wrote:
Quote:

I can just about imagine what the price tage would be on something like that

$1,000,000 or $7 Euros.

Friday, February 22, 2008 5:57 AM
id rock it

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:48 PM
Not to sound smart but we talked about this in school. Its all electro magnets. Its not heavy nor does it have high electrical demands. each corner has two electro magnets with similar poles. increase power to magnets, magnets repel more, decrease power, megnets repel less, lowering car. its actually a really cool setup. Price is probably out of the question though. its suposed to be available in a couple years on highend cars.

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:29 AM
02 silver cavy wrote:Not to sound smart but we talked about this in school. Its all electro magnets. Its not heavy nor does it have high electrical demands. each corner has two electro magnets with similar poles. increase power to magnets, magnets repel more, decrease power, megnets repel less, lowering car. its actually a really cool setup. Price is probably out of the question though. its suposed to be available in a couple years on highend cars.

No offense, but saying "lowering car" doesn't explain anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, February 29, 2008 5:15 AM
Decreasing the magnet power is just like decreasing spring rate. If you could decrease spring rate on a spring, the same spring would sit lower. The only downside that I see is that using this method to lower the car would decrease dampening in both directions potentially allowing too much suspension travel for a lowered vehicle, but it's probably capable of making many corrections per second, so the processor may be able to counteract that.

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:30 AM
Yes, but the problem is that suspension was not made to lower the car. That suspension was made to sit at a normal ride height and have lightning-fast reactions to changes in pavement smoothness.

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search