A few easystreet questions - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A few easystreet questions
Monday, February 18, 2008 6:07 AM
Search wasn't that big of a help. I am going to be getting the easystreet kit and digital controller in a few weeks and need some questions answered. It's going on a 03' Cavalier coupe, 5-speed.

1. How are your tanks/compressors secured in your trunk? Bolted through the floor or to something just sitting in there?

2. How are your lines ran to the front? Inside or outside the car?

3. If you are using the digital controller, what are it's dimensions?

4. Any tips to make install easier?

5. Im running a 205/55R16 tire on a 35mm offset wheel. Im thinking i will have a clearance issue with my fender and tire.

6. RTV or grommets to seal and insulate the holes for my air lines?

Thanks guys

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 18, 2008 6:36 AM

Re: A few easystreet questions
Monday, February 18, 2008 6:17 AM
1) mine was bolted right to the trunk. other have made a template and made a false floor for the rear and bolted it to that

2) all my lines were ran outside the car. the fronts were zip tied about an 2" inside the pinch weld all the way down and then at the rear were brought up into the back of the wheel well into the trunk

3) switchbox > digital controller

4) assemble all the parts first. put the front and rear struts together and then set up the tank. pressure test the tank first before you put it in (ie attach all the fitting and fill the tank with air. spray with soapy water to make sure there are no leaks. when its time to install you simple bolt up the struts and bolt in your air managment then run the lines.

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:03 AM
2. I run the lines outside the car typically. Zip tied into place.

3. The digital controller "box" is roughly 1.25" D x 2" H x 4" W. (roughly)

6. Rubber grommets when going through sheet metal if you can. Or a silicone sealer if you can't find or use grommets.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, February 18, 2008 1:39 PM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:1) mine was bolted right to the trunk. other have made a template and made a false floor for the rear and bolted it to that

2) all my lines were ran outside the car. the fronts were zip tied about an 2" inside the pinch weld all the way down and then at the rear were brought up into the back of the wheel well into the trunk

3) switchbox > digital controller

4) assemble all the parts first. put the front and rear struts together and then set up the tank. pressure test the tank first before you put it in (ie attach all the fitting and fill the tank with air. spray with soapy water to make sure there are no leaks. when its time to install you simple bolt up the struts and bolt in your air managment then run the lines.

thast pretty much it right there. i use grommets anytime i go thru metal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:01 AM
^^ yup

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:17 AM
Grommets > RTV. I have some pics of installation if it will help you...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2536023/2

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:26 AM
Adding another one:

7. Any preferred place for the valves? Trunk will protect them from the elements, but is there a noticable difference in the time to fill the bags as compaired to someplace closer to the bags?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:46 AM
well the closer to the bag the faster it is. you will notice a bit of a difference but honestly having them in the trunk is fine. thats how i had mine and it was still pretty quick. as soon as i hit the switch, the car would move.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:29 PM
exactly what striped said. with them in the trunk its still pretty fast. but thats all personal preference really

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:28 AM
1.) My old sunfire I made a wooden Spare Tire cover.

2.) Inside the car.

4.) Like strippedcav said, pressure test everything.

6.) Grommets.

7.) My valves were mounted on the tank in the trunk.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:23 PM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote: switchbox > digital controller

Reasons behind this? pros and cons?

Monday, February 25, 2008 3:51 AM
Shadowfire wrote:
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote: switchbox > digital controller

Reasons behind this? pros and cons?

theres been alot of problems ive heard from several org people about the auto pilot system where it just tend to dump air out. there was some kind of flaw in the kit. i dont mind digital gauges but i guess im just the classic low rider person and love the switchboxes better

Monday, February 25, 2008 6:12 AM
^^ im with him. i love the switchbox better.

Monday, February 25, 2008 9:19 AM
Im with andrew and striped, switchbox over digital. You have better control over each individual corner and back and front than you would with a single button for each thing you do

Monday, February 25, 2008 3:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:36 AM
I decided on the digital, cuz it would be a cleaner install and i dont know where i would mount the extra gauges. I already plan on havein 5 gauges mounted in my cavy. Also im gettin all black gauges and i have yet to find a black dual needle air gauge. I'll be doing switches with my other bagged project.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:08 AM
i had a clean install with my switch box. its really simple to run the wires. i ran the under the carpet and up thru the center console right to the switch box and the gauges were in a pillar pod on the A pillar. you could also glass your bezel to fit more gauges if needed.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:55 AM
sorry for thread jacking but is air ride legal for inspection I live in Pittsburgh pa

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355881
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:57 AM
Im saving the A pillar for Volts, Oil press. and Fuel press. Im planning on molding the controller into my left center vent and my Wideband A/F above it in the corner of my gauge cluster. This will be my 1st molding project, but i am confident that i can do it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:32 PM
KP makes black dual needle air gauges, you can get them from suicidedoors.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:15 PM
only problem is that they only go to 160 psi and the pressure switch with the easystreet kit goes to 175

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:33 AM
travis dillon wrote:only problem is that they only go to 160 psi and the pressure switch with the easystreet kit goes to 175

trust me you'll never be over 100 tops

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:19 AM
The only time Im ever over 100 is when I need to pull into somewhere steep so trust me you wont ever go over 100psi in the bags, and my pressure switch sats 145/175 but it usually shuts off at 160 or so

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:33 AM
and also once you get that compressor you will be disappointed and want to step up to something else so you will have to change you pressure switch anyways. like the viair 450 only pump to 150 but go a hell alot faster than a 380

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:16 PM
but my 380 pumps fast...dont know why mine is good and everyone elses isnt haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search