lowering kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering kit
Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:13 AM
i have an 04 sunfire and was wondering if anyone on here could recommend some good lowering springs that would give me an even drop

Re: lowering kit
Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:08 AM
Best "even" drop would be Koni Yellows and Eibach Sportlines....IMO but that gets pretty darn low!

The easiest drop would be Tein H-Tech, D-Specs matched with some nice springs.

A good set up will run you $700 - $1,000!

Konis require cutting up the front strut cartridge and not everyone is up to doing that...out of the box is better if you don't have the skills or tools to do Konis.

Do a search on here for drops or search the member registry and take a look at some of the drops them view their profile to see what they are running.

That's what I do...see something I like I look at the profile to see what it is...works most times but no everyone keeps their profile updated.

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:00 PM
Also take a look at Gravana Tuning Great Website and good prices.

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:03 AM
o ok thank you but on the 04 sunfires the assend is raised higher right?
Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:06 AM
good call on that website too thanks again
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:53 AM
BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls) wrote:Best "even" drop would be Koni Yellows and Eibach Sportlines....IMO but that gets pretty darn low!

The easiest drop would be Tein H-Tech, D-Specs matched with some nice springs.

A good set up will run you $700 - $1,000!

Konis require cutting up the front strut cartridge and not everyone is up to doing that...out of the box is better if you don't have the skills or tools to do Konis.

Do a search on here for drops or search the member registry and take a look at some of the drops them view their profile to see what they are running.

That's what I do...see something I like I look at the profile to see what it is...works most times but no everyone keeps their profile updated.

you dont need to spend that much. if you want a nice mild drop you can get a great setup for about 500 which are the eibach prokit and kyb agx struts

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:38 AM
ya but would that be even or would the back end be higher?
Monday, February 18, 2008 5:42 AM
it would be some what level. if your looking to be able to adjust the heights though then yea you will be looking to spend about 700-1000

Monday, February 18, 2008 2:24 PM
i dont really care about being able to adjust but would the sportlines be better or would the prokits because im going to go with one of those
Monday, February 18, 2008 2:56 PM
AGX + Pro Kit. Heard nothing but good things for that budget setup.

I'll go out of my way to clarify that warranty does not apply to drops below 1.5", just so you know.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:03 PM
I love my sprint springs with D-Specs... but I also have eibach sway bars and strut tie bars

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:33 PM
that might just be what i go with then thanks an thank u also for clarifying that, the prolines only drop it 1.4 so thatd be good then
Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:45 PM
is it difficult to install the koni yellows and if not do you no where i could find them at a decent price perhaps?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search