what springs and shocks should i get!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what springs and shocks should i get!!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:39 PM
I got a 99 z24 and i cut my stock springs on stock struts, I know Iknow thats bad but i got money saved finaly and i was looking into
getting tein H. techs on tokico hp struts. now will that be a good combo? i live in pittsburgh and the roads aint that great.
Thanks for your help!

-1999 Cavalier Z24-

Re: what springs and shocks should i get!!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:47 PM
no...it won't be....your cut stuff is better....

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:57 PM
4 real I cant see how i bounce like crazy every were i go lol

-1999 Cavalier Z24-
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:55 PM
MKcavy wrote:4 real I cant see how i bounce like crazy every were i go lol

get kyb AGX and some eibach pro kits. ..

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:00 PM
i kinda like the raked look of the tein, could i put the prokit on the tokico hp struts? damn theres so much 2 choose from

-1999 Cavalier Z24-
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:04 PM
please get at least kybs those that you mention are stock replacement..

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:05 PM
if you want a raked look... save more money and get some koni yellows and ground control coilovers..

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:12 PM
hows the ride on the ground controls i had arospeed on my car the F***** sucked lol and how much did you pay 4 them?

-1999 Cavalier Z24-
Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:47 AM
MKcavy wrote:hows the ride on the ground controls i had arospeed on my car the F***** sucked lol and how much did you pay 4 them?

lol which do you want, coilovers or springs? there is a big difference between the 2 and also the price is a big difference. if you want the tein h tech that will lower your car 1.1" and i heard the hps were good for a 1.5" drop. i never thought of them as anything else besides oem struts, however i think tokico backs that up but i wasnt able to get a reply from them about their hp struts.

if you want ground control, they are very good coilovers. possibly one of the best. if you want ground controls you must get dspecs or yellows. anything else will pretty much blow in a matter of months. a good set of gc coils brand new are going to run you about 450 and the struts new are about 550

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:56 AM
look at it this way...ANYTHING WILL BE BETTER THEN THE CRAP YOU HAVE. you're in a win win situation. coilovers ride stiffer (but better then what you got) but handle a little crisper due to a higher spring rate. Look up the spring rates...higher the number, the stiffer, but usually the harder you can corner. struts, AGX, Reds/Yellows, D specs are the only struts to go with

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:18 AM
oo ok like i was looking for sumthin with a nice ride but better handling u kno thats y i was wondering if i put on tein h techs but r they good springs?

-1999 Cavalier Z24-

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:23 AM
yes they are. tein makes great products.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:12 PM
MKcavy wrote:hows the ride on the ground controls i had arospeed on my car the F***** sucked lol and how much did you pay 4 them?

my ground controls cost me roughly $2000 hahah... but it came with a free 2002 Z and rims and hood etc.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:57 PM
I know a few people here have ran the Tokico HPs, I wish we could get a review before they get trashed upon.

Also from what I've read about drop and spring rate of the H-techs make them a lot more appealing than the S-techs.

For the price I find it to be an appealing combo in theory. Plus Tokico is a good brand and the HPs review well on a lot of other forums.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:09 PM
I think i might order the tein and the tokico hp's. Do you guys think its bad 2 order from ebay? and i new 2 the suspension deal so sorry for
all the questions.Thanks

-1999 Cavalier Z24-
Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:04 PM
Personally I think it's going to be an alright combo, though I've not used either part. IIRC MadJack put some HPs on his car, he'd be a good guy to get a straight up review from.

For the price it seems like a solid set up to me, one I had considered using myself before I lost interest in modding my Z24.

Friday, February 15, 2008 3:56 AM
yea they work well for other cars but you cant really compair 2 different cars suspensions together.

as far as ordering from ebay thats fine but beware that there is fake tein springs floating around. i dont know if its been cleared up yet but there has been alot

Friday, February 15, 2008 8:18 AM
thanks ill order them sometime this week. ill let yinz know how they are when i get them on.

-1999 Cavalier Z24-
Friday, February 15, 2008 8:42 AM
If I remember correctly Tokico stated HP's were just like D-specs only difference is you cant adjust them

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Friday, February 15, 2008 10:37 AM
BubbaKnoxz wrote:If I remember correctly Tokico stated HP's were just like D-specs only difference is you cant adjust them

only thing that worries me is the price. they are so cheap i cant see them being anything more the oem replacements

Friday, February 15, 2008 10:59 AM
According to Gravana the Hp's are ok up to a 1.5" drop.

This is copy and pasted from their website:

"Tokico's HP series struts complete any suspension upgrade that includes lowering springs up to 1.5" and larger diameter wheel & tire combinations."

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Friday, February 15, 2008 2:17 PM
Exactly, to many people let price dictate how well they assume something works. Most of the time this is whole heartedly true - you get what you pay for. But like I said, Tokico is a reputable company with a long history and a lot of satisfied customers.

I mean if KFLO shocks and struts came out tomorrow for $250 shipped and claimed to be the king of struts I'd expect some disbelief and distrust. I think a lot of the biased opinions you're hearing is from people trying to defend their purchases of much more expensive struts and suspension packages. Nothing wrong with that either, it just doesn't automatically make the HPs garbage because they aren't $500.

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:03 PM
I''m still waiting for someone to try the Eibach Dampers designed for the Prokit/Sportlines.
Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:55 AM
were do you buy them at?

-1999 Cavalier Z24-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search