Anyones battery go dead after air ride install? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyones battery go dead after air ride install?
Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:12 PM
Air ride was the last thing i installed and was done like over a year ago. And since then battery drops in voltage not much but if it sits for like 2 weeks it will be dead.

My compressor is on a switch, only thing that comes from the battery direct is the switch box. So theres power going to it at ALL times. Do you think it would cause that?

Re: Anyones battery go dead after air ride install?
Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:49 PM
My switchbox is constantly powered also off my distribution block and I dont have any problems with my battery . Maybe your just in need of a new battery or something?

Sunday, May 13, 2007 6:43 PM
sounds like your battery may have a weak cell. Take it to auto zone and have it checked.

or if it's gonna be sitting for a while. Unplug the battery.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:55 PM
soudns like a bad battery there is nothing with the air ride that will kill your battery if your compressor is on a switch

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:00 AM
i never had a problem when i had mine. my compressor was on a switch also and my switchbox was on all the time too but i never had a problem with it draining my battery.

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:29 AM
both my compressors are NOT on a switch. they are hot at all times, and the only time ive had problems was at shows and the stereo/tvs ran for a while. never had anything to do with the compressors.

do you have an Optima? if not, I would pick one up!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:50 PM
Im sure my battery is good it sat all winter long in the cold in the garage and never dropped charge at all.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:04 PM
Nice EH (AKA Orange Syn) wrote:Im sure my battery is good it sat all winter long in the cold in the garage and never dropped charge at all.

just take it to autozone. its free to have it checked.

but either way, you should upgrade to a optima

Friday, May 18, 2007 5:20 PM
I got a good battery, i left the car sit for a week and it dropped from 11.64 to 11.26 volts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search