Tracklites, will they clear wilwood and Koni/GC setup - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tracklites, will they clear wilwood and Koni/GC setup
Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:33 AM

Looking at Motegi's site they have nothign listed for 17" tracklites, I was told they are made because a few people have put them on there J's. After hearing this I'm on the hunt for the proper size then I'm gonna try to find where to buy them.

I want 17" track lites, suspension is Koni yellows / ground controls, brakes will be Wilwood fronts, I need to clear the brakes and the suspension with as wide of a tire as possible without rubing. I'm gonna beat the @!#$ of the car so I need it to not rub when turning hard with body lean etc.. Any advise is apreciated.

I posted the same thing in wheel and tire forum but its not used often, and since the suspension and brakes are the main issue I'm posting it here as well.

Re: Tracklites, will they clear wilwood and Koni/GC setup
Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:43 PM
the track lites do fit with the wilwoods , 1 of my friends has them on his sunfire , and i have a set for my cav

both of us have wilwoods , and also got the center line impulse on the g/fs cav with wilwoods

Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:07 PM
what size and offset do you have and what size tire?

Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:16 PM
Im running Trak Lites in 17X8 with 45mm offset and 225/45/17 Azeni 215s. I am also on the same suspension minus the brakes.

They are off Karos red Cavalier, He was running Wilwood front brakes also i believe.

im assuming your keeping the toyo fenders for whatever car your gonna be beating on... they are a huge plus for this setup...

only rub ive encountered is the pass side splash shield towards the top. no worries for me.

what color trak lites do you have planned?

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:56 PM
black, flat black is possible, and thanks thast exactly what I wanted to know.

anyone gone wider then a 225 on that setup?

Monday, May 14, 2007 7:23 PM
i haven't seen much wider on a j. most people stick with 225's. you can always roll or flare your fenders

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:28 PM
17x8s for both of us on 225/4/17 , you can run a 235 or 245 if you have the strut clearance

although you might get some rubbing at full lock either way on the steering

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:28 PM
I have toyo fenders which will get rolled if need be for more clearance, but I don't want to spend the money for tires and hope they fit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search