Suspension upgrade - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension upgrade
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:34 AM
I just purchased a set of RKSport control arm bushings and a set of energy suspension sway bar end links, will these parts give me a minor or sizable improvement in handling?

Freakin morons.... When will they learn. Hold On Not Done Accelerating

Re: Suspension upgrade
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:48 AM
you'll notice something but if your still at stock ride height you'll still see body roll

Friday, September 01, 2006 12:21 PM
the control arm bushings are gonna help your wheel hop quite a bit, the end links might stiffen it up a little

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:51 PM
If your going in that far into your front suspension I would recommend upgrading the sway bar if you ever have intension of doing so in the future. Saves time and you dont have to do all that again. Just some advice, take it or leave it.
Friday, September 08, 2006 1:07 PM
just got into pulling the control arms.... apparently somewhere in this cars life, someone had screwed around with the control arms and the rear vertical attachment bolt on the driver side is friggin ROUNDED.... Just friggin great.... Couple question, on the drivers side, there is a bar that runs from the front of the control arm mount to the front of the vehicle, is it safe to remove this for the intention of getting out the front hinge bolt on the control arm? or would it screw up the front end's geometry?

Friday, September 08, 2006 1:40 PM
take it off and just put it back on. either way your gonna need an aglinment when your done anyway.

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:55 PM
very true, i'd already removed it. But now the lower motor mount is in the way on the passenger side, do i place a jack under the motor to hold it when i remove the mount, or just pull the bolt and let it fly? LOL Ima put a jack under the sucker. Lemme tell ya how NOT FUN this is, but the knowledge i'm gaining is quite helpful

Friday, September 08, 2006 8:51 PM
Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:13 AM
So yeah, control arm bushings, sway bar end links and mounts are in. But now the popping from the suspension is even WORSE!!!! wtmf...

I looked at the L/F strut today, the spring came off the seat, fixed that, still a popping sound going over slight bumps, and occasionally during braking.

Whats goin on here?!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 6:58 PM
Finally figured it all out.... put the car on the alignment rack at the shop today and gave it a shakedown..... L/F balljoint is binding, hence the popping sound.... and R/F balljoint has a torn boot, but not binding.... Napa has em for $25 apiece. So ima snag em up quick and get to bustin those rivets.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search