OMFG I almost died! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OMFG I almost died!
Monday, September 04, 2006 6:53 PM
Coming from a friends house earlier today I stopped off at a gas staion to get some snacks, when I went to pull into the parking lot. My brakes pedal dropped to the floor and I'm not stopping at all. Note this, I was on a back road doing 50mph coming up on the gas station. There is a car in front of me and in the other land a big dodge truck coming at me. I grab my ebrake (paniced a bit) and started sliding and for some reason my wheels pulled to the left, going striaght for that dodge truck. He locked up his brakes and we came about a foot from head on first collision. I sat there a sec and the guy in his truck jumped out looking as if he was going to kill me. He started yelling and I jumped out of my car ignoring the yelling guy, and looked under my car there was a small puddle of brake fluid trailing back for a few feet. My wheel was turned enough to show my brake line haning off of the caliper. The guy in the truck I guess seen it as well and asked if I was ok. To make a longer story short, everybody please please make sure you check up on your car often. Brakes, suspension, oil, what ever it is, you dont have to be going fast to kill yourself or other in an accident. Luckily in my incident both me and the other driver of the Dodge reacted fast enough to save ourselves and our cars. Like for me if I paid more attention to the smaller details I could of saved myself a $7.00 part and never been in the incident in the first place.

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Re: OMFG I almost died!
Monday, September 04, 2006 7:00 PM
god to hear all turne dout well, have you decieded to invest in braided brake lines yet

Monday, September 04, 2006 7:09 PM
Yeah when I get some extra money comin in that is a thing I will be doing. Thanks for your concerns.

Monday, September 04, 2006 7:20 PM
i check my 18 weeler daily its the LAW
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:14 PM
good to hear you're cool

sad part is no matter how much you tell the avg person on the forum to do something, they dont listen, even if it is introduced with a near tragic story.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:39 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:sad part is no matter how much you tell the avg person on the forum to do something, they dont listen, even if it is introduced with a near tragic story.

Agreed. too many are just trying to get the next mod, the next go fast item, the next bling, whatever, and don't pay enough attention to the basic maintainence and safety. I'm all for fast and wild cars, but you want to be around to enjoy it, and I don't think anyone wants to be responsible for causing anyone else on the road harm. This also goes to picking the right parts (this forum in particular, of course, being the one with the most common asked questions about the cheapest way out for a mod). Buy the proper parts. Do the job right, and both you and your car will be around longer.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:42 PM
i still think, if it's going to happen it will happen
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:49 PM
b0jan jebac wrote:i still think, if it's going to happen it will happen

i agree with that to a certain degree.....

true if its gonna happen its gonna happen, but if take time to see the warning signs before it DOES happen, you can change a part and prevent it.

kinda like tires.... true if bald tires hit a rain storm, the chances are higher you will hydroplane, skid off the road, or hit something.

but if you see before the rain comes, you need new tires, go buy and install em, the likelyhood of it happening highly decreases...

you cant fully foolproof any parts, but with maintainence and regular replacement with use, you can extend life and minimize failure

Friday, September 08, 2006 3:11 PM
I agree with all of that .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search