just got my agx's - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just got my agx's
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:47 PM
i noticed that only one set of the shocks has the dials, i thought they were both supposed to be adjustable. i have parts# 741061 and734038

Re: just got my agx's
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:19 PM
The fronts are adjusted on the top of the strut shaft with a little screw driver that comes with the fronts. You will see a little dial with 1-2-3-4 on top of it. You use the little screw driver that came with the fronts and you stick it in. Push down and turn until on the number you want and it pops back out. The rears have the big black knobs on the sides you just trun with your hands.

Regards,

J
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:47 PM
^^ what he said. The fronts have a little plastic "dust cover" at the top of the strut shaft. Under that is the front dial.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:12 PM
o i got u, how do u adjust the fronts while they're on the car then?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:23 PM
Where the arrow is, that's the front adjustment

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:27 PM
wow i didnt know it was likwe that, wut springs u usin? im waitin on my tein s-techs to come in?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:29 PM
Eibach Pro-Kits (can't go any lower due to a funky offset on the front rims)

And now that I have my sub box out, car rides level

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:32 PM

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:40 PM
i have a sub box, it really affects it? and do u have any closer pics of ur tire gap?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:36 AM
Zduece4 wrote:o i got u, how do u adjust the fronts while they're on the car then?

Pop your hood. Use the little screw driver to adjust the setting you want. Close the hood and your ready to roll.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:51 AM
Zduece4 wrote:i have a sub box, it really affects it? and do u have any closer pics of ur tire gap?

It wasn't major, just 1/4", but was driving me nuts...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:32 PM
dang, so the rear was about 1.65" dropped? that seems like a big difference. i have a 10" sub back there but nothin else, and my springs are gonna be 1.5 in the rear

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:39 PM
Yeah, but I was running a dual 12 box (~80 lbs) and add in tools and such...

I could notice that it was a tad on the tail heavy side

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:52 PM
one more ?, were the agx's plug n play? no modification is needed right?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:58 PM
With the Pro-kits, the only "mod" that I had to do was rotate the front springs 180* from stock location so they would fit... other than that, "plug and play"

Check to see if your set of shocks has a washer for under the front top nut... the strut mounts changed in 2000 to a deeper version and that's where the spacer is required.

If not, run a search for AGX spacer and that should let you know what size washer you will need.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:27 AM
thnx, i noticed on all of the papers from the inside of the boxes kept sayin somethin about a spacer, ill check into that. im still waitin on my springs tho

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:46 PM
Zduece4 wrote:thnx, i noticed on all of the papers from the inside of the boxes kept sayin somethin about a spacer, ill check into that. im still waitin on my springs tho
Yeah, there is a spacer, which looks like a washer which needs to be used on the fronts.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:54 PM
Evil Cavalier wrote:
Zduece4 wrote:thnx, i noticed on all of the papers from the inside of the boxes kept sayin somethin about a spacer, ill check into that. im still waitin on my springs tho
Yeah, there is a spacer, which looks like a washer which needs to be used on the fronts.

where does the spacer go?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:29 PM
Between the strut mount and the nut.

The struts are the same for 95-05, but the mounts changed a little bit...

They are deeper I think starting in 2000. When you go to torque the upper nut on the strut shaft, there won't be enough threads to do so... it will still be loose.

The spacer "simulates" the older, shallower strut mount so you can torque it down.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search