remote valves on air ride? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
remote valves on air ride?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:36 AM
ok, i currently have my air setup with the valves coming right off the tank, like the easystreet directions show you, but i want to do the remote mount where i can hide all the valves, off of the tank. basically, i need to know what extra pieces/hardware i need to run all the valves off the tank, and to connect another air tank to my current tank and 2 compressors.

i already have more air line, so thats covered, but the rest i need a lil help on.....thanks for any info you can provide.

Re: remote valves on air ride?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:30 PM
i cant really tell you exactly what to get but just draw it out on paper and go over it a couple times and make sure its all good and then order the stuff. thats what i did cuz i was gonna do the samething but im selling the car now so im not wasting the money. all you really need is a bunch of fittings

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:40 PM
im not 100% positive either but i just really see you needing extra quick connect fittings. Figure put a quick connect fitting on the ports on the tank and then a quick connect fitting on the valves. then once its past the valve you would just run it the same way as you have it now. Thats what i assume. I may be wrong.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:08 PM
Its up to you to know what you need.

If you run all four lines out tank in the same spots the valves are at now you will need 8 new fittings. 2 for each valve asembly. The 4 threaded peices in there now between tank and valves will not be used.

You need to figured out how you want it to look. You will eather use straight or 90 fittings coming out of tank and straight or 90 degree fittings on the valves. Its really simple

I am all that is man

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:46 AM
thanks guys........next question

how would i run the 2 tanks with 2 compressors? one compressor hooked to each tank, then connect the 2 tanks together? if thats the case, can i run one pressure switch, or would i need one for each tank/compressor?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:51 AM
again i would assume you would just use a tank for the fronts and a tank for the rears. use 2 ports for the fronts and plug the other 2 ports and same for the rear

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:29 AM
There's so many different ways you can set this up. You could use one compressor and a pressure switch on each tank (this would be good if you seperated them front and rear.) You could also piggyback the 2 tanks (connect to tanks togther), run a single pressure switch with a Y connection to your 2 compressor relays.
Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:32 PM
I would run both compressors off same switch for safetly reasons.
Say you had one tank/comp for front and one rear. Well then one compressor quit working and sudenly you dont have air for one tank. You would be halfway screwed. So I always just run all compressors together.

I am all that is man

Monday, September 11, 2006 2:07 PM
i would run the tanks tied together then a compressor on each tank but on the same pressure switch. it looks good like that to.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search