using eibach with new stock struts advice plz - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
using eibach with new stock struts advice plz
Monday, September 04, 2006 4:45 PM
i want to know i change a couple months ago my struts and shocks, also my car is not lower, i want to lower it but i want to know for how long or if can i use the eibach pro kit lowering spring on the new struts and shocks???? without messing up the ride or the way it handle.
my shocks and struts are monroe.

i know that is not good to lower the car with the stock struts but i changed it because i need it and they stiil brand new struts thats why im also asking for how long i can use them with the lowering springs

Please if i can recieve some advice
thank you
all comments welcome.

Re: using eibach with new stock struts advice plz
Monday, September 04, 2006 7:03 PM
Every car is different so i can't tell you exactly but it won't be as long as the struts would last normally. If you needed new struts and you wanted to lower your car, why didn't you just put up the extra cash and get higher performance struts. Your going to end up spending more than you have to if you put the pro-kit on. I hate to say it but before you get blasted by some other members on the forums, you really should have read the FAQ.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:17 AM
the thing is that by that time i didnt wanted to lower my car.

and i try to read the FAQ but da** that thing is long.... try to use the search bottom but didnt found something.
i also found some stuff in FAQ but i wanted to know if new stock struts will last more than the old ones. or how long will last.
thank you

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:28 AM
Pro Kit lowers around an inch and a half, right? You "can" lower on stock struts and they will last a while, but in no way am I promoting it. I rode around for over two years on Sprint springs (1.8" drop) on stock struts, but hated the ride the whole time, not to mention it was dangerous.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:36 PM
the harder you drive it (hard turns and such) and the more people you have in the car while doing that the less time it will last. You will most likely get 1-2 years out of the struts tho at least but again like said above its hard to say.
Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:43 AM
theres no telling when they will blow. its one of those things that happen. the faq isnt hard to read, its broken down into sections

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:10 PM
It can blow in a month in can blow in 6 months. Depending on your driving conditions it will depends. If you roads are not smooth and you bottom out a lot it may be a month. Smooth Road it could be 6 months never know can even blow in a week.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search